blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:58:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  An Interesting Full House at the WSOP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Interesting Full House at the WSOP?  (Read 14274 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

However, Mr Cool, Brian, a Mad Chef and some attractive girls may make interesting watching

please sir,  i can cook and i am as mad as a mad thing from madfordshire....please can i come

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »

I am shit at cooking, surely that makes me a mad cook.

I also can spot the tells as to when Brian is about to attack a policeman, a must for the house surely.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

Sounds like a cracking idea a real life Tilt docu soap!

wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »

Sounds to me like the more you 'spice' it up, the more it'll become a entertainment show rather than a documentary on poker players/life at the WSOP.  I'd really hate for this to become a poker variant of Big Brother/X Factor.

One thing I'm unclear of is whether this is intended to air in real time (i.e. during the WSOP) or afterwards.  The things you are talking about (SnG's for rooms, etc) are more suited to the real time, gimmicky format but, to me, this type of programme would work much better shown after the event as a proper documentary similar to Poker Kings, etc (although perhaps the offer to produce is based on the former format as that hasn't been done before).

Surely a group of well-financed gambling types sharing a house in Vegas can produce sufficient 'genuine' footage to make this a series worth watching without resorting to a host of gimmicks which are there merely to play to a TV audience.  The question is do you want it to be (and more importantly is the producer expecting) a documentary or something similar to Big Brother/Noel's House Party?

Sheriff

thank you, this is why we need the input, I totally agree w/ what you have just said , I will be the one that fights to keep it as real as possible.

1) live feeds on the web
2) TV show for prime time TV

I think it will be a combination of the documentary and "big brother"!
I dont think we will look for scandle or to show the worst in people, I hope!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 03:50:55 PM by wsopin06 » Logged

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »

I am shit at cooking, surely that makes me a mad cook.

I also can spot the tells as to when Brian is about to attack a policeman, a must for the house surely.

wow, you have a great point, maybe, just maybe Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

So will any blondites who are in Vegas for the WSOP be allowed to drop into the palace?

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »

I am getting PM's & e-Mails galore about this idea, so I have changed the Thread Title, & stickied it for a few days, so you can all Post direct on it.

I do enjoy reading the notes you send me on this subject, & I forward them all to Brian, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, so if you have any comments or ideas, no matter HOW daft they may seem, Post 'em on this thread please!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »

So will any blondites who are in Vegas for the WSOP be allowed to drop into the palace?

Good question...
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2006, 04:09:15 PM »

Erm we got a house for the world series with me,yoyo, womble Tony Chessa and Alistair Findlay and we are playing a stt when we get there to decide who gets the master bedroom etc. We also have a no strip club rule unless one of us cashes 6 figures or bigger. Are you reading are minds here ?(although admittedly your line up is much more interesting than our boring lot). Another rule we have is that if any of us win a bracelet we have to pay for a night out for the Team Total Poker boys (any of you who have ever been on the lash with Dpommo and Dubai will know how much this can cost) and vice versa (Johnie Walker Blue for me Smiley ). I would suggest you get this commisioned by Sky 1 ( a lot easier than you may think- I had a show commisioned a few years ago which ran every sunday night for 13 weeks) so you will get huge viewing figures rather than getting it on an obscure channel (if you need any help with this please PM me). Good luck with this boys and see you all out there.

ariston

better lucky than good
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2006, 04:39:56 PM »

yes, and i know there will be a blonde party, all blondites will get VIP treatment

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 04:41:35 PM »

yes, and i know there will be a blonde party, all blondites will get VIP treatment

disco

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »

It is an interesting idea but can there be enough content?
How do you stop it becoming:

"how ya getting on?"
"36,000 in chips, trapped this guy beautifully with pocket kings, yada yada yada......................."
"you?"
"i'm out, some muppet called my AK with AQ, yada yada yada................"

What could you put in the house to entertain the people in it and in turn entertain the people watching?, most poker players are pretty focussed on that, poker, and 99% of what they talk to each other about is poker, and poker conversations are mostly the same except for the people who you are playing and the particular cards at that time.
You need huge personalities (rules out the scandies Cheesy) and a schedule of games or tests etc.
People like Marcel Luske and TonyG, Hellmuth etc. would sell it, because these are the people we want to see off table.
Crazy gamblers like Williamson III and their outrageous bets on stupid things.
It is a very interesting idea with a lot of potential, hope it comes off.

we have ideas to "liven" up the house, play a SNG to see who gets what room, who has garbage duty, stuff like that. As far as all poker all the time I can tell you that I do not have that problem. Also you have things like Mr. Cool and his GOLF game habit w/ the big boys, I dont think content will be a problem. Just ask Flushy, cupcake , and Bobby1, they all have great stories from some of the trips we have been on together Cheesy 

Hee hee, ive just got over the last one........I would say that in my opinion good content isnt just about showing people celebrating a poker win, a good tourney or enjoying Vegas it should include the inevitable disagreements and sheer frustration that being in Vegas for that length of time could bring on.

If it is too much of a 'we are having great fun piece' it could come over as 'look at us, we are larging it up in Vegas' then there is the possibility that it will alienate some people and be almost a parody. A bit of a human touch( missing the family, having a  bad run, wanting to punch someone and the sheer emotional toll that playing these comps day after day brings) would give a good balance.....and Brian....you would have to be restricted to single figure Pina Colada's per day...........

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
moritzey

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »

Really like this idea, might actually start watching reality-TV for the first time ever then. Agree that you would need to spice things up a little, a few obvious things that would come to mind:

- follow one player each day through their tournament day, dunno if you can do stuff like showing hole-cards or something like that in retrospective, but maybe just get a few random highlights from the table (please, please, please get TonyG into this thing ..)
- maybe have a random novice in the house, too (how about a BPL tourney to decide on whom), who'll get stacked for a smaller tourney towards the end and gets the whole shebang with advice from the Pro's each night or something, basically a bit of a house (palace) protege. I think it'd make it more interesting because you could actually watch someone progress throughout the whole series, as well as seing the pros play (Let's face it, Blondie or Rookie aren't going to massively (visibly) improve in the four weeks or so that are the WSOP, at least not to the extent that viewers will be able to realise it ..).
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2006, 06:14:45 PM »

need some more input

1) Do you want to see "poker talk" as far as talking about hands after the fact or talking about strategy before a comp??
2) what do you NOT want to see?
3) Is it about the every day grind or is it about the biggest comp of the year?
4) House competitions good or bad?Huh??
5) How many players would be enough?
6) Should there be guests staying in the house?Huh???
7) How much personal stuff do you want? Fights w/ girlfriend, $$$$ troubles, being drunk???  Being stupid???

Help us Cool  

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »

Really like this idea, might actually start watching reality-TV for the first time ever then. Agree that you would need to spice things up a little, a few obvious things that would come to mind:

- follow one player each day through their tournament day, dunno if you can do stuff like showing hole-cards or something like that in retrospective, but maybe just get a few random highlights from the table (please, please, please get TonyG into this thing ..)
- maybe have a random novice in the house, too (how about a BPL tourney to decide on whom), who'll get stacked for a smaller tourney towards the end and gets the whole shebang with advice from the Pro's each night or something, basically a bit of a house (palace) protege. I think it'd make it more interesting because you could actually watch someone progress throughout the whole series, as well as seing the pros play (Let's face it, Blondie or Rookie aren't going to massively (visibly) improve in the four weeks or so that are the WSOP, at least not to the extent that viewers will be able to realise it ..).

, that is an idea, a comp to make it to the "big house", thanks for the post

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: