|Award winning poker operator Dusk Till Dawn (DTD), owner of the largest poker venue in Europe, has agreed a deal to licence, operate, market and guarantee ISPT Wembley. Simon Trumper has been appointed as ISPT Tournament Director and will be assisted by DTD’s card room management. As part of the agreement, DTD is guaranteeing a minimum of €1 million to the winner - regardless of the number of runners, with a maximum of 20% taken out of the prizepool for first place, leaving 80% to the remaining places. The prizepool will need to reach at least €5 million to avoid any overlay which equates to 16,000 x Day 1 online players at €270+€30 plus 250 x Day 2 direct buy-ins at €2700+€300.|
Last year, DTD guaranteed over £5 million in prizepools including £1 million for their leg of the PokerStars UKIPT which attracted 1625 players. The venue was presented with the ‘European Award for Innovation’ and has won ‘UK’s Best Cardroom’ numerous times. Live Poker Director, Simon Trumper was awarded ‘European Poker Staff Person’ at this year’s GPI European Poker Awards and ‘Best Card Room Manager’ at the Bluff British Poker Awards. DTD has organised events on behalf of PokerStars, Partypoker, Paddy Power, Betfair, Ladbrokes, Virgin, Sky, APAT and Poker 770 and recently signed a three year deal with Genting, the UK’s largest land based casino group and provider of DTD’s online poker room on the iPoker network.
DTD owner, Rob Yong explains the background to the deal with ISPT:
“Organising the Caribbean Poker Party in St Kitts has whet our appetite for more adventures outside of our four walls. ISPT’s revised format is a lot like a supersized version of our own Grand Prix which is my favourite tournament concept. If Wembley is a success, I believe ISPT could be replicated in other iconic venues across the world generating huge prizepools and giving poker fantastic mainstream exposure, just look at Wembley’s official web site – ISPT is alongside the FA Cup Final, Champions League Final and Bruce Springsteen’s Concert.
This event is a ‘win win’ for the UK poker community; it will either be a great success with thousands of players, or there will be a massive overlay. To put this guarantee into perspective, DTD’s monthly £300 Deepstack pays £40,000 to the winner– 120 x the £336 buy-in where as the €1 million first prize at ISPT Wembley will be a staggering 3,333 x the €300 buy-in. ”
There will be regular updates exclusively on the Blondepoker Forum where Simon Trumper will personally deal with players’ questions on the Official ISPT Wembley thread. The DTD ISPT London launch party will be held on 15th March at The May Fair Hotel, next to Genting’s Palm Beach Casino.