blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  channel 5 poker format
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: channel 5 poker format  (Read 1252 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:45:11 AM »

the blind structure of this tourney is appalling. everyweek the play descends into a series of coin flips.
with the antes so dissproportionate to the chips on the table no poker prowess comes to prominence and although this structure facilitates the traslation to tv it has such a bearing on the game its a joke
SKIPPYSKIP

He who DARES, WINS !!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:50 AM »

I think you may find the blind format is not that bad and they only show the affecting situations like most shows
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:53:02 AM »

TUMBLEWEED

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:01:36 AM »

i understand that those are the most commen situations to be shown on a televised event but the blinds start too high and force all ins to make exciting tv which disallows for any real poker to take place.
600'000 chips on table, still early doors with 5 guys left and the blinds are 7500/15000, tad large no?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 02:04:27 AM »

i understand that those are the most commen situations to be shown on a televised event but the blinds start too high and force all ins to make exciting tv which disallows for any real poker to take place.
600'000 chips on table, still early doors with 5 guys left and the blinds are 7500/15000, tad large no?

hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 02:05:37 AM »

The blinds start at 1000/200 and everyone has a starting stack of 100K, so 50 big blinds is pretty decent stack to start with.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 02:08:13 AM »

TUMBLEWEED

PMSL

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 02:12:40 AM »

The blinds start at 1000/200 and everyone has a starting stack of 100K, so 50 big blinds is pretty decent stack to start with.

50 big blinds isnt huge

is more than enough

but they go straight to 2/4 after 30 minutes which means there is now very little play left and if no one goes out before the next level your already talking crapshoot

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 02:15:51 AM »

I have played in clubs where the starting stack is 10 big blinds, 50 seems fine to me, but I would not refuse more.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 02:17:06 AM »

Sounds like a peanut butter jelly situation...

...with a baseball bat.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 02:18:49 AM »

Sounds like a peanut butter jelly situation...

...with a baseball bat.

you have been inhaling the solvents again!

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 02:24:18 AM »

I have played in clubs where the starting stack is 10 big blinds, 50 seems fine to me, but I would not refuse more.

we all have but they are rebuys and the low starting stack is to encourage people to rebuy and build a pot

for a freezeout such blind to stack ratios make for a crap shoot unless people loosen up and seeing as its on tv and everyone wants to get as much airtime as possible people are alot tighter than normal even jac arama and gus hansen

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 02:30:30 AM »

we all have but they are rebuys and the low starting stack is to encourage people to rebuy and build a pot

for a freezeout such blind to stack ratios make for a crap shoot unless people loosen up and seeing as its on tv and everyone wants to get as much airtime as possible people are alot tighter than normal even jac arama and gus hansen
channel 5 have an obligation to obtain viewers, the best way to do so pertaining to partypoker's tourney is to make it as exciting as possible. how much of channel influence dictate the blind structure? a sizable amount!1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: