blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  when does the makeup gravy train stop?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: when does the makeup gravy train stop?  (Read 9462 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »

hardly wonga Deano, that's interest free.

1k borrowed..2k paid back?

its to do with the fact that if you weren't in make up and you won 2k, you would only see 1k of it, its like drawing down on future winnings

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »

This is not in any way unfair on the horses, and is not charging them a vig or anything like that. As Guy says, imagine a horse wins 2k when not in makeup and cashes it out - he will only get 1k of this, the other 1k goes to the backer. So it is exactly the same deal.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »

The old axiom 'you don't know how good a horse you have until they are 200 buyins in makeup' rings true. 

It's one we should all live by.

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 01:53:03 PM »

its to do with the fact that if you weren't in make up and you won 2k, you would only see 1k of it, its like drawing down on future winnings

yup got you now...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

Highest makeup brags, once got to $192k, anyone beat that?

Thelipofund has admitted to being 200k+in the hole earlier in the year, he is down to 5 figs now.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/welcome-grind-my-very-own-pgc-thread-1305705/

Is his 2p2 blog pretty eye opening his work ethic is ridiculous
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »

Thelipofund has admitted to being 200k+in the hole earlier in the year, he is down to 5 figs now.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/welcome-grind-my-very-own-pgc-thread-1305705/

Was a really good read, spent most of this afternoon reading it from start to finish. Given how much he plays, he seems a very well balanced guy and definitely rooting for him to get out of it with FTOPS coming up!

Also, with regards to the thread subject, I noticed the latest member as of earlier today was 'sheets' and the email listed was some form of 'haber@'

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2013, 02:31:33 AM »

Was a really good read, spent most of this afternoon reading it from start to finish. Given how much he plays, he seems a very well balanced guy and definitely rooting for him to get out of it with FTOPS coming up!

Also, with regards to the thread subject, I noticed the latest member as of earlier today was 'sheets' and the email listed was some form of 'haber@'
Yeah i saw the sheets signup too, probably put off when he saw the 300 post count for staking.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »

Yeah i saw the sheets signup too, probably put off when he saw the 300 post count for staking.

[18/07/2013 16:27:36] Eric Haber: finally opened a blondepoker account....didnt realize it was so big
[18/07/2013 16:27:50] Eric Haber: had to answer these f ing british trivia questions
[18/07/2013 16:27:59] Eric Haber: before my registration was processed
[18/07/2013 16:28:38] Eric Haber: Who makes the Astra, Corsa, Agila, Insignia and Adam cars? :  What colour are Royal Mail pillar boxes?: What number does the Prime Minister live at?:
[18/07/2013 16:28:42] Eric Haber: damn thk god for google
[18/07/2013 16:28:46] Eric Haber: lol

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »

!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »

[18/07/2013 16:27:36] Eric Haber: finally opened a blondepoker account....didnt realize it was so big
[18/07/2013 16:27:50] Eric Haber: had to answer these f ing british trivia questions
[18/07/2013 16:28:38] Eric Haber: Who makes the Astra, Corsa, Agila, Insignia and Adam cars? :  What colour are Royal Mail pillar boxes?: What number does the Prime Minister live at?:

Cheesy

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »

Zomg, sheets is my hero! Please start posting on blonde!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »

Hehe, I added those questions.  They're to stop Russian and East Asian spammers and spamming bots.  Figured that any genuine non-Brit would be able to Google for the right answers.

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

I could write all day about backing. I've been backed and I've backed other players.

People are getting a lot more savvy these days so there seems to be less and less staking deals floating about than there used to be.

It's totally up to the backer to get it right and there are a lot of factors to include. Firstly, you need to know the person fairly well especially if he is playing live and he is handling money. I can promise you that there are a larger percentage of people that will steal money when they are busto than you think. I've known what I thought were some fantastic gentleman only to find out later down the line when they are busto and in lots of MU they are lining their pockets with your staking money. In my experience, the best way to avoid this is to have known the person for a longer amount of time as people who have been around on the circuit for a long time are generally people that would not risk tarnishing their reputation. Hey, you can also check google too. There are a few threads on 2+2 just type "Daniel carter scammer" or whatever into google and if hits come up, bingo! It's not rocket science. Request all usernames from all online poker sites and run the same google check. Hopefully this wouldn't be necessary if you have known the person for a long time.

I think the biggest reason for losing players being backed is the backer not realising how bloody hard poker is, especially when someone is under it so they feel that they can back any muppets beating low stakes online to go and crush the wsop in vegas.

Volume volume volume. Oh look Joe Bloggs is beating the stars high stakes schedule in the last 3 months. 2000 games played, ABI $100 and an ROI of 50%, he is crushing the game where do I sign up?!?! It's taking time but people are starting to understand how vile variance is (see here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60759.0).

Finally and this one should be obvious but it's amazing what you see and that is bankroll management. I don't think I need to explain that one.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:27 AM »

I could write all day about backing. I've been backed and I've backed other players.

People are getting a lot more savvy these days so there seems to be less and less staking deals floating about than there used to be.

It's totally up to the backer to get it right and there are a lot of factors to include. Firstly, you need to know the person fairly well especially if he is playing live and he is handling money. I can promise you that there are a larger percentage of people that will steal money when they are busto than you think. I've known what I thought were some fantastic gentleman only to find out later down the line when they are busto and in lots of MU they are lining their pockets with your staking money. In my experience, the best way to avoid this is to have known the person for a longer amount of time as people who have been around on the circuit for a long time are generally people that would not risk tarnishing their reputation. Hey, you can also check google too. There are a few threads on 2+2 just type "Daniel carter scammer" or whatever into google and if hits come up, bingo! It's not rocket science. Request all usernames from all online poker sites and run the same google check. Hopefully this wouldn't be necessary if you have known the person for a long time.

I think the biggest reason for losing players being backed is the backer not realising how bloody hard poker is, especially when someone is under it so they feel that they can back any muppets beating low stakes online to go and crush the wsop in vegas.

Volume volume volume. Oh look Joe Bloggs is beating the stars high stakes schedule in the last 3 months. 2000 games played, ABI $100 and an ROI of 50%, he is crushing the game where do I sign up?!?! It's taking time but people are starting to understand how vile variance is (see here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60759.0).

Finally and this one should be obvious but it's amazing what you see and that is bankroll management. I don't think I need to explain that one.

Give it a few days, and this thread will appear in Google for the search "daniel carter scammer" Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »

Lollllllll

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: