blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The journey begins
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The journey begins  (Read 14591 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

Where do I send my share?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

I'd really like you to sort out a game with Karabiner before you play any money matches.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 11:41:17 PM »

I'd really like you to sort out a game with Karabiner before you play any money matches.

I'll send you my details privately.

As for Karabiner, I will not play at Nottingham Rileys. Believe me, it isn't me being an obstructive prat but I want to at least play on a table that has no rolls or dead cushions. I will have my own match table soon at Rileys in Leicester, but there is also Rack n Roll which has a good match table which I get free use of for money games!

I'll play the game as offered before, Race to 12 giving away 6 games on the wire, but I do feel it is a ridiculous ask just because I've beaten Daz Appleton in that format (in reverse)!

And to judge me on such a game as a basis of whether to back me or not, is again slightly skewed. I know nothing of Karabiners abiliy, or what he was like when he used to 'hold a stick in anger'. And the mindset of giving away a handicap that large is not something I am used to. And not something I'll ever be doing in any money matches I play!!!

I'm  basically being asked to play a ringer and give a massive start away. It's just a bit crazy that's all. I only mentioned the Daz game to show I can cope with playing a professional without losing the plot. Not for bragging rights.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 12:00:37 AM »

As for Karabiner, I will not play at Nottingham Rileys. Believe me, it isn't me being an obstructive prat but I want to at least play on a table that has no rolls or dead cushions. I will have my own match table soon at Rileys in Leicester, but there is also Rack n Roll which has a good match table which I get free use of for money games!

I'll play the game as offered before, Race to 12 giving away 6 games on the wire, but I do feel it is a ridiculous ask just because I've beaten Daz Appleton in that format (in reverse)!

And to judge me on such a game as a basis of whether to back me or not, is again slightly skewed. I know nothing of Karabiners abiliy, or what he was like when he used to 'hold a stick in anger'. And the mindset of giving away a handicap that large is not something I am used to. And not something I'll ever be doing in any money matches I play!!!

I'm  basically being asked to play a ringer and give a massive start away. It's just a bit crazy that's all. I only mentioned the Daz game to show I can cope with playing a professional without losing the plot. Not for bragging rights.

Ralph aint a ringer, just a well respected member of the forum. Mr Russell took us both to pieces.
Nothing wrong with the table we had at Notts Rileys.
Happy to travel over with Ralph to Leicester.
Dont think Camel was implying there had to be a wager on the match, just more a showing to Ralph??

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:41 AM »

if the table is gash don't even entertain it baz. get yourself over to leicester for a couple of hours gents, our boy is going to run you over.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »

if the table is gash don't even entertain it baz. get yourself over to leicester for a couple of hours gents, our boy is going to run you over.

Which tables gash?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »

Which tables gash?

notts rileys?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 12:29:27 AM »

Which tables gash?

notts rileys?

Wondered if it was some in particular?

Sure Matt and Ralph will back me up in saying there didnt appear to by anything wrong with any of the tables around us when we were there.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:55 AM »

Which tables gash?

notts rileys?

Sure Matt and Ralph will back me up in saying there didnt appear to by anything wrong with any of the tables around us when we were there.

desperately trying to not sound like a wanker but have you played to any sort of decent level? If you haven't that kind of thing is lost on you.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »

Ha ha

Lol dont worry about it, im used to sounding a wanker myself  Wink

Both Matt and I have played national pool tournaments, uk 8 ball of course because american pool has no real skill involved, and Ralph appears to have played all over the country if not world.

As said I am happy to join in over in Leicester if I am invited, plus I know Rileys Notts used to be wank, but so were most Rileys.

Just think Rileys Notts appears to be okay.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »

Ha ha

Both Matt and I have played national pool tournaments, uk 8 ball of course because american pool has no real skill involved, and Ralph appears to have played all over the country if not world.

As said I am happy to join in over in Leicester if I am invited, plus I know Rileys Notts used to be wank, but so were most Rileys.

Baz, Can you sort a few hours to play some racks with the gents? Sounds like they might be able to offer something to your journey advice wise? never hurts to have a few more connections about the place.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »

Which tables gash?

notts rileys?

desperately trying to not sound like a wanker but have you played to any sort of decent level? If you haven't that kind of thing is lost on you.

Actually the table we played a week or so back was pretty good apart from one deadish rail below the head-string but it was perfectly playable and there were no noticeable rolls, the balls never left the rails and the pockets were fine. The balls were not the greatest but again perfectly playable.

Matt definitely gave us a bit of a spanking on the night but we can all play fairly decently.

I used to be a fair snooker player 25 years ago, I even made a couple of 100+ breaks back then so I do have some sort of idea what I'm talking about and it would be nice to judge fugly's speed personally.

If he were to make a favourable impression I'm sure it would benefit his credibility.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 01:20:55 AM »

When you're asking for money from people it's not unreasonable for them to want to check out your ability first. If Ray Reardon and a couple of pub pool players want to rock into town to play a few frames then fine, just take them to fugly school. All this I don't like the way the balls roll in Nottingham is ridic mate. Just turn up, couple of cannonball breaks whatever and your ability is clearer to those you seek investment from. You need more arrogance in this game and I know exactly what i'm talkin about having watched Colour of Money several times. gl.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 01:23:38 AM »

Ha ha

The quoted bold part tilts me! Loads of skill in 9-ball. Good luck trying to beat anyone decent Tongue

The tables I refer to that are crap at Notts is the tables 3 and 5 in particular, where the floor isn't safe and there is massive roll on the tables The tables at the back of the club are okay, but dirtier than Jordan!

More than welcome to come to Leicester any time this week. As long as it's before Saturday when I have Money Match TV. Give me a ring or text to sort out - number is 07909672227.
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »

When you're asking for money from people it's not unreasonable for them to want to check out your ability first. If Ray Reardon and a couple of pub pool players want to rock into town to play a few frames then fine, just take them to fugly school. All this I don't like the way the balls roll in Nottingham is ridic mate. Just turn up, couple of cannonball breaks whatever and your ability is clearer to those you seek investment from. You need more arrogance in this game and I know exactly what i'm talkin about having watched Colour of Money several times. gl.

I'm not annoyed with anybody asking to see me play. I see it as perfectly reasonable, but I shouldn't be expected to play at a crap club. I have two perfectly good match tables in Leicester to choose from, with proper set of Aramith Pro-Cup TV balls. A players ability cannot be demonstrated properly on rubbish equipment. You cannot expect to kick 3 or 4 rails or even get close if every rail is as dead as a dodo or rebounds different. Proper match balls also play accurately and aren't dead. You get a true reflection of somebodys ability.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: