blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Call or Raise?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call or Raise?  (Read 4847 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »

every time i ever bluff in live comps they call me with something fairly weak. Hence why I like to go all in when i have a good hand Smiley

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 06:28:17 PM »

I think raise calling is still even better than just flatting though. Admittedly I've called the river here when I've planned to fold because I'm tilted but I pretty much only ever do that if I'm steaming.

Bolded seems pretty important. T9/J9 may well raise the turn and sets raise the flop. I think how villain has played this hand explains enough to show that raising the river is best.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »

I think raise calling is still even better than just flatting though. Admittedly I've called the river here when I've planned to fold because I'm tilted but I pretty much only ever do that if I'm steaming.

Bolded seems pretty important. T9/J9 may well raise the turn and sets raise the flop. I think how villain has played this hand explains enough to show that raising the river is best.

We think he intended to check-raise the turn but changed his mind. Does that influence your thinking?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:16 AM »

need to dust off my smart shirts and tweed sports jackets and look a few years older next time i play. i wanna look like a well dressed, 40 year old and have these internet kids jamming on me.

Not as good when they are jamming on you with FULL HOUSES though Tongue

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »

We think he intended to check-raise the turn but changed his mind. Does that influence your thinking?

I still think there are enough weird and wonderful hands in his range. I can imagine flatting with a really strong read but I dont think this is enough on its own.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

I would definitely raise-call. Don't like thr mindset of jamming just to save ourselves a difficult decision, especially when it happens so very rarely and realistically it's not a difficult decision at all. Raising is better than jamming as he may not know he covers us and if he does know he'll know it's not by much so by going all-in we're essentially putting him to a decision for his tournament life.

In any case, going by his line and sizing and the fact that this is a live £50r, imo he has better ~5% of the time if that.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »

In any case, going by his line and sizing and the fact that this is a live £50r, imo he has better ~5% of the time if that.

If you aren't prepared to elaborate on that and explainwhat about the line and sizing makes you think that he is only in front one in every twenty times, this looks like an empty statement to me.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »

I would definitely raise-call. Don't like thr mindset of jamming just to save ourselves a difficult decision, especially when it happens so very rarely and realistically it's not a difficult decision at all. Raising is better than jamming as he may not know he covers us and if he does know he'll know it's not by much so by going all-in we're essentially putting him to a decision for his tournament life.

Think the only two people saying jam is Railtard and Middy, pretty sure neither of them think it's best to save a tough decision.

If we raise we expect to just get called by worse pretty often, I'd say in live poker with stacks sizes if he's calling a raise he will call a jam a high enough % of the time for jamming to be better than raising.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

this seems like a clear jam yeh. he most likely wont fold very good hands and we lose a decent chunk when he just calls when we make it small.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »

i just call like keith did in these surroundings, ive seen some real hero folds in this spot in live local rebuy tournies and the range the villain would need to call is so very thin. there is an intangible relationship that you need to build up with your neighbours in live poker, that gives you a huge edge Smiley. Seriously, just call and tell the guy that you could have raised but were being friendly, then simply open on his BB every time and show one card and claim a pair. EX GAMEZ
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:29:07 AM by action man » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »

i just call like keith did in these surroundings, ive seen some real hero folds in this spot in live local rebuy tournies and the range the villain would need to call is so very thin. there is an intangible relationship that you need to build up with your neighbours in live poker, that gives you a huge edge Smiley. Seriously, just call and tell the guy that you could have raised but were being friendly, then simply open on his BB every time and show one card and claim a pair. EX GAMEZ

Ha, great post. There speaks the voice of real experience.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: