blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 1153 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2570018 times)
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #17220 on: November 10, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Nice bink Alex! WP
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: November 10, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »

Well done Alexander!

Sarah will be so proud of you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »

Lol^

Thanks everyone Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: November 10, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »

Donate the £5 to the guys doing the Movember.

Or buy Tittwatbean a decent meal

What's a troll got to do to get a ban round here?

I bet you were the type of guy to run to the teacher every time the other kids called you a reject
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: November 10, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Call someone a prick

I may normally have a bad memory, but thanks for jogging it.  Looking forward to saying hello next time we meet.

Smiley I was having a bad day then but I'm sorry for calling you a prick
We may meet but I'm v small time and not good enough to play any higher the 200£

Just me
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: November 10, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

I bet you were the type of guy to run to the teacher every time the other kids called you a reject

whether that's true or not, at least he was never the kid who called other kids 'rejects' as I imagine you were.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: November 10, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »

I then just god-moded it. Coolers, bad beats, you name it. I was very very lucky from then on in, knocked everyone on the FT out except for one player and won the thing for £15k.

I am at best ambivalent about this.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: November 10, 2013, 05:34:10 PM »

Call someone a prick

I may normally have a bad memory, but thanks for jogging it.  Looking forward to saying hello next time we meet.

Smiley I was having a bad day then but I'm sorry for calling you a prick
We may meet but I'm v small time and not good enough to play any higher the 200£

No problems, thanks for the apology, no point in falling out.  Sorry if you thought I was behaving like a prick. 

And for Costas, as with one of the other threads here, I was probably quite a prick at times when I was at school, I'd be surprised if reject was the worst of the things I called other kids.  Wish I'd spent more time going to the teachers instead.  Though it would be interesting, I am not at all sure I would enjoy meeting 16 year old me.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: November 10, 2013, 05:49:04 PM »

whether that's true or not, at least he was never the kid who called other kids 'rejects' as I imagine you were.

Not at all. I was very different to other kids at school, I'd prefer to embrace being different then complaining about it. Merely highlighting there are going to be a lot if things you feel unfair in life, or want changing. However you are better off dealing with them by getting on with it, rather then whining, as most poker players prefer to do.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: November 10, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

Not at all. I was very different to other kids at school, I'd prefer to embrace being different then complaining about it. Merely highlighting there are going to be a lot if things you feel unfair in life, or want changing. However you are better off dealing with them by getting on with it, rather then whining, as most poker players prefer to do.

You might be in the wrong place mate...

Wp AL, nice to see you back to form Smiley Gl today.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »

My Mum sent me these photos from our family trip to Egypt in 2002.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Can't wait!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: November 10, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »

Yesterday I had agreed to go to Oxford for a 1230pm lunch with loads of my family. I really wanted to play the Big Game because I think it's the best tournament concept DTD have ever come up with and just perfect for someone like me. So this involved leaving the lunch at 2pm and getting a friend to buy me in (late reg till 330 and it's a 2 hour drive). I made good time on the drive and was in with 100k at 1/2k.

I grinded it all day until the bubble (32 left, 31 paid), never really got about 200.

Hand for hand took forever and I was short, PJ was also really short, both blinding away, and both favourites to bubble probably, as everyone was playing so snug (folding AK etc) because it was a £500 bubble and lots were in for £100, £27 etc.

I was allin once with Aces vs A7o and had a sweat a flop flush draw which was fun! Morale would've been pretty low if I'd bubbled that way...

Then I was allin again with Queens over an early position raise from a tight player and a Berridge call. The tight player called me and Berridge went into the tank. Berridge was getting so pissed off at hand for hand that I knew he was gonna spite call me with any two to try and get it over and done with.

PJ was also allin in the same hand on the other table! They ran his board out and he busted. Once Berridge knew the bubble was over he decided to fold T9s. I held vs JJ but predictably, berridge would have won. So PJ saved me from bubbling from another table!

I then just god-moded it. Coolers, bad beats, you name it. I was very very lucky from then on in, knocked everyone on the FT out except for one player and won the thing for £15k.

So good for morale, first live tournament win since October last year, and was my first DTD FT for over 18 months. Very happy. Was great to share the FT with Eso and Gilly, both were unlucky - I just wasn't losing flips yesterday.

Anyway, Egypt is going to be even better now, should be some good blog posts/pics/vids!

Sorry to say the hand for hand was played out wrong and that predicament should not have happened. The board should not have been ran out with an all in and a call ,while someone on another table still had a decision.

I would also prevented the all in player and the call from exposing their hands whilst a decision was pending on another table. You have to try and make the hand for hand situations play out as fairly as possible.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:36:12 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »

Call aaron a twat.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: November 10, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »

Yesterday I had agreed to go to Oxford for a 1230pm lunch with loads of my family. I really wanted to play the Big Game because I think it's the best tournament concept DTD have ever come up with and just perfect for someone like me. So this involved leaving the lunch at 2pm and getting a friend to buy me in (late reg till 330 and it's a 2 hour drive). I made good time on the drive and was in with 100k at 1/2k.

I grinded it all day until the bubble (32 left, 31 paid), never really got about 200.

Hand for hand took forever and I was short, PJ was also really short, both blinding away, and both favourites to bubble probably, as everyone was playing so snug (folding AK etc) because it was a £500 bubble and lots were in for £100, £27 etc.

I was allin once with Aces vs A7o and had a sweat a flop flush draw which was fun! Morale would've been pretty low if I'd bubbled that way...

Then I was allin again with Queens over an early position raise from a tight player and a Berridge call. The tight player called me and Berridge went into the tank. Berridge was getting so pissed off at hand for hand that I knew he was gonna spite call me with any two to try and get it over and done with.

PJ was also allin in the same hand on the other table! They ran his board out and he busted. Once Berridge knew the bubble was over he decided to fold T9s. I held vs JJ but predictably, berridge would have won. So PJ saved me from bubbling from another table!

So good for morale, first live tournament win since October last year, and was my first DTD FT for over 18 months. Very happy. Was great to share the FT with Eso and Gilly, both were unlucky - I just wasn't losing flips yesterday.

Anyway, Egypt is going to be even better now, should be some good blog posts/pics/vids!

Sorry to say the hand for hand was played out wrong and that predicament should not have happened. The board should not have been ran out with an all in and a call ,while someone on another table still had a decision.

I would also prevented the all in player and the call from exposing their hands whilst a decision was pending on another table. You have to try and make the hand for hand situations play out as fairly as possible.

You're right. And it happened twice on the bubble yesterday. I said something to Ryan after the first one but the dealer just dealt the hand out without being told to stop. What's thepoint of hand for hand if they are going to run the allins out with action still to go on the other table?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16:53 PM »

Well done Alex, well played. Now all they need is same type of tournament in a 6 max format, that would be icing on the cake.
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 1153 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: