blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Sports Televised cash games, starring...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Sports Televised cash games, starring...  (Read 23150 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »

Rob Yong!

Rastafish!!

BadBeat

Razavi

and sports stars like Wayne Mardle, Jimmy White, Mick Fitzgerald,Matt Le Tiss and James Haskell

From next Tuesday, running for six weeks

Link to the trailer https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=518899008132548&set=vb.105408846148235&type=2&theater

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »

Looking forward to this !!!!!!!!!

Game on and earplugs in.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »

MBN to be Neil Channing
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »

like, will watch

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »

MBN to be Neil Channing

will xbook him with Razavi if you want?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »

Hope Mardle cleans up. Love the guy.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »

Lolz, just watched the trailer. Thought Rastafish was a level. What a boss!!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »

Awesome

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

Was this kept a secret? Or did people know that Rob and Rastafish took part in this?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »

Didn't know Rastafish played much cash at all these days. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 04:01:24 PM »

Looks great, would much rather watch these guys donk around than a bunch of pro's playing 'properly'.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:03:13 PM by Woodsey » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »

Was this kept a secret? Or did people know that Rob and Rastafish took part in this?

Hi Yian,

I'm not sure what you mean by "a secret".

It was recorded two weeks ago, over three days, & we asked all the players not to mention too many details (specific pots etc) as we did not want any spoilers, but no, it was not "a secret" as such, we just chose not to mention it until the Shows had been finished & Edited.

Several of those involved Tweeted about the game on the days they played, including Neil, Sam, Matt Le Tissier etc.

I believe Rob will be penning a blog mentioning it shortly, & Neil's monthly column in the February edition of "Bluff" will make reference to it, too. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:22:32 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

Looks great, would much rather watch these guys donk around than a bunch of pro's playing 'properly'.

Got it in one.

The whole thing was designed to be a "fun" game, with tons of banter between them all.

It is aimed primarily at Sky Sports viewers, rather than hardcore poker pros.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

Here's the Episode One line up, this is some stuff I wrote this morning which gives a flavour of it. (I have de-spammed this version for blonde). 

Poker with a smile!

Starting on Tuesday February 5th, a new series of 6 x 1 hour Shows start on Sky Sports, & this is poker with a difference.

It is a Cash Game, but no hoodies or miserable minnies, this is poker with a smile.

Each episode features a brace of Sports Celebrities, most of them very familiar to Sky Sports viewers, together with a mixture of Poker Pros & amateur players playing poker how it should be played. 

The first show includes….

Wayne Mardle, darts legend, Mr “Hawaii 501” himself, & a mean poker player, who has a 7th place finish in the prestigious GUKPT for over £14,000 to his credit.

More recently he commentated on Sky Sports fantastic coverage every night of the 2013 PDC World Darts Championships.

Norman Whiteside, who  was the youngest player ever to play in the World Cup, to score in a League Cup & FA Cup Final, & score a senior goal for Manchester United. He went on to play two World Cups, appear 38 times for Northern Ireland, & over 200 times for Manchester United.

These days, Norman still does Hospitality for Manchester United, and is a qualified podiatrist, as befits someone who was always good with his feet.

Neil Channing, arguably THE most well-known & popular senior UK Poker Tournament player. Neil  has cashed for over $3,000,000 on the Pro Poker circuit, including over $1,250,000 for winning the Irish Open, & $400,000 for 2nd in a WSOP event last summer.

Neil is also an enthusiastic Sports Bettor, & is hoping that the San Francisco 49ers take down this weekend’s Superbowl.

After the shows were filmed, Neil went straight from the Studio to Gatwick catch a 747 to Australia, where he cashed twice for north of $33,000. What a life!

Sam Razavi probably had more Tournament Poker success in more countries in 2012 than any other player. He cashed no less than 39 times across the globe, including 8 WSOP cashes, & in places as far afield as the Philippines, Egypt, China, Mauritius, Australia, Panama, Italy, Cambodia, New Zealand, India, not forgetting the good old British Isles.

Sam has accumulated over $1,000,000 in Live Cashes, and is a regular guest on Channel 861.

Colburn Tomlin, one of the most popular amateur  poker players on the UK Poker Circuit, who rejoices in the nickname of “Rastafish”.

Rastafish is LOUD, but it’s all in fun, & he has an impressive record of Tournament Wins totalling over $300,000.

His son, Gavin, is a professional footballer with Southend United, where he has netted 12 times already this season.

Completing the Episode One line up is Rob Yong.

Rob has lifetime cashes in excess of $300,000, & is a poker entrepreneur.

He is a wealthy & very successful businessman with a passion for poker. He used to have Poker “Home Games” – as we all did back in the day! - & enjoyed them so much he decided to open his own Poker Club in Nottingham.

It took three years & over £1,000,000 to obtain a full Gaming Licence, & build the Club, but it has thrived ever since & is by common consent one of the best poker Venues in Europe, if not the world.

So, quite a line up in the First Show. It will be transmitted at 10pm on Tuesday (Feb 5th) on Sky Sports 3, & will be repeated the next day. All 6 Episodes will be series-linked.

News of the other 5 episodes will appear on this page before transmission.

Highlight of Episode One?

Plenty of car crash hands, & let’s not give the game away, but when Wayne Mardle decides to try & take down a big pot, can you guess how much he bet?........

Sky, Poker with a smile. Just a bit.

Yian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »

Hi Yian,

I'm not sure what you mean by "a secret".

It was recorded two weeks ago, over three days, & we asked all the players not to mention too many details (specific pots etc) as we did not want any spoilers, but no, it was not "a secret" as such, we just chose not to mention it until the Shows had been finished & Edited.

Several of those involved Tweeted about the game on the days they played, including Neil, Sam, Matt Le Tissier etc.

I believe Rob will be penning a blog mentioning it shortly, & Neil's monthly column in the February edition of "Bluff" will make reference to it, too. 

I thought maybe they kept their participation under wraps also for spoiler purposes. Looking forward to this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: