blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Some PLO (1)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some PLO (1)  (Read 1661 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »

Never a bad time to throw a couple of tricky PLO spots out there Smiley

The opponent in this hand is a kinda irregular regular, he's been about for ages but isn't all that regular (lol) he's pretty passive for the most part (a bit sticky post-flop, doesn't tend to value-bet very well/thinly) but can be aggressive and has been known to completely lose his marbles from time to time.

GAME #5175146487: Omaha  PL $5/$10 2013-10-14 22:15:29
Table Francisi (No DP 50 bb min)
Seat 1: StowfordPress ($1,227.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Lil Dave ($1,563.00 in chips)
Seat 5: Ludoman78 ($657.25 in chips)
Seat 6: xxsham1991xx ($1,074.00 in chips)
Seat 8: AmaroMontenegro ($1,000.00 in chips)
Seat 10: MRhusseinAA ($945.00 in chips) DEALER
StowfordPress: Post SB $5.00
Lil Dave: Post BB $10.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lil Dave [      ]
xxsham1991xx: Fold
AmaroMontenegro: Fold
MRhusseinAA: Fold
StowfordPress: Call $5.00
Lil Dave: Raise (NF) $30.00
StowfordPress: Call $20.00
*** FLOP *** [ three clubs    ]
StowfordPress: Check
Lil Dave: Bet $40.00
StowfordPress: Call $40.00
*** TURN *** [ ]
Lil Dave: Bet $110.00
StowfordPress: Call $110.00
*** RIVER *** [ two hearts]
Lil Dave: Bet $220.00
StowfordPress: Raise (NF) $1,020.00

I'd say pre-flop/flop/turn is all very standard, betting IP with a good hand the whole way, the river is a bit more interesting...

Is this always a value bet? What would you do with A4 or QQ here?

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »

Impossible situation.

Would you mind me asking why you bet the river? Is it a pure value bet? Getting called by?

You can only bet that river if you are sure he doesn't c/c hands you are losing to on flop/turn.

He prob has top 2 as well or 555. Hate the river bet.

TJA4 would be funny too but he would have to know 100% you will bet the river. Does he have that many hands with you that he knows you will bet thin?

His line is the one I take against nut jobs with a huge hand/equity.  Does he perceive you as a nut job?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »

Hey Gouty very good questions.

1) I bet the river because all the flop draws have missed and this is for certain a runout I'm gonna wanna bluff on a decent % of the time I get to the river with a hand WORSE than KQ** which I prolly will do quite often, also I'm way more likely to have 64 than he is. Due to the bricky runout I think he could have some Q3/93/Q5 hands he might hero with OTR, might even call just AQ.

What would your worst value bet be here? I was thinking where the line was - if I can't beat KQ then have easy bluff when I chose to bluff, AA KK and AQ seem like pretty easy chk backs given the action...where would your value bets start? 999+? I think I'm gonna have no problems picking good bluffing hands here.

I'm not sure he perceives me as a nut job but I think he'll think I'm pretty aggressive, speshly with the lead, IP. What kind of huge hand/equity would you take this line with here? I never see people do this with QQQ, I don't think he'd c/r the river with 999 or 555 although agree very possible he has those before the river shove, I don't think he'd ever have QQQ with the nod as he'd prolly open every combo of that preflop.

Vs the nut jobs how wide would you shove the river? You'd shove A4 or QQQ?

If you were to bet the river with Q9 (lol) how much would you bet, I immediately felt like I should have bet $300 (pot is $360)

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »

Hey Gouty very good questions.

1) I bet the river because all the flop draws have missed and this is for certain a runout I'm gonna wanna bluff on a decent % of the time I get to the river with a hand WORSE than KQ** which I prolly will do quite often, also I'm way more likely to have 64 than he is. Due to the bricky runout I think he could have some Q3/93/Q5 hands he might hero with OTR, might even call just AQ.

What would your worst value bet be here? I was thinking where the line was - if I can't beat KQ then have easy bluff when I chose to bluff, AA KK and AQ seem like pretty easy chk backs given the action...where would your value bets start? 999+? I think I'm gonna have no problems picking good bluffing hands here.

I'm not sure he perceives me as a nut job but I think he'll think I'm pretty aggressive, speshly with the lead, IP. What kind of huge hand/equity would you take this line with here? I never see people do this with QQQ, I don't think he'd c/r the river with 999 or 555 although agree very possible he has those before the river shove, I don't think he'd ever have QQQ with the nod as he'd prolly open every combo of that preflop.

Vs the nut jobs how wide would you shove the river? You'd shove A4 or QQQ?

If you were to bet the river with Q9 (lol) how much would you bet, I immediately felt like I should have bet $300 (pot is $360)

You will have to wait till later for these answers.

I can only get up to your level after 6 Thatchers, 4 bacardis and a huge splif. Totally sober at work now and can't even remember posting them last night. Onwards and upwards.

I do remember thinking betting the river gives an astute opponent to win a pot he otherwise might not. Even with the same hand as you.

Al
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »

And it's about time for another blog with some boozing in it.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

Stowford press is a nutter iirrc?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »

orly? I thought he was just stnd passive/spazzy?

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »

orly? I thought he was just stnd passive/spazzy?
think fine as played ! Checking back river also fine. I thought this player was also a bit loosey gossey at first glance but he's actually ok but gambles pre flop.
He would of raised at other stages if he had 2 pair beat so whether u have a of qqs or 2 pair it makes no difference . I think you defintley beat on river with him defitnely holding ace4 the likey holding as he must of been flushing on flop.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: