blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272702 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Life's Luck. Random Thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life's Luck. Random Thoughts.  (Read 45233 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:35 AM »

GG bish.  You played well.  And by well I mean, 90% of hands you played terrible.  The other 10% I was at best ambivalent about.

One word, balance!!!!
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »

GG bish.  You played well.  And by well I mean, 90% of hands you played terrible.  The other 10% I was at best ambivalent about.

One word, balance!!!!

Spewers gona spew!

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »

The Summer Deepstack

Sigh.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »

Really disappointed not to close it up and get heads up tbh, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Was above average 95% of the tournament and really felt comfortable against the players in the field.
Few high variance plays cost me some chips, but recovered quite easily with some premiums getting paid straight after.

Felt terrible throughout the whole day tho. Legs aching (again!), felt sick and super high temperature. This kind of effected my ability to have some banter with a few of the guys, so couldn't make it as fun as I would have hoped. Smiley

Ended in fifth for a bowl. Really wanted the win tbh.
Some awesome support though. All you guys from blonde on the updates for me a tomsom, along with the rail cheering ''CODY, CODY'' hahah.

Me and Tomsom heads up would have been awesome.
Thankyou again guys.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »

Well done yesterday bingers Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »

Great OP Tommy and agree with it totally.

Poker is one of them games where people come from all different walks of life to "enjoy" (a lot of us are obviously sadomasochistic). Everyone has a story and 83% of people are happy to chat away and share their views, stories and outlooks on life, poker and the valet who's walking by in the tight hot-pants. Automatically, by opening up, people tend to feel more relaxed, comfortable and have more fun because most stories tend not to be the that of the unfortunate cancer-stricken gentleman (who was still enjoying his time around the table) but rather buoyant, amusing anecdotes.

To be honest, we've only played around the same poker table a few times and I hadn't really noticed that aspect of your table demeanour. This could be because I tend to be a big fan of my own voice - and in the future really I don't want interact with you as the last time we played you uber pwned me limping QQ on the button and enticing a 5 bet jam out of me with some ridiculously awful cards... It's probably knocking on a year ago and I've still not forgot - I obviously blame you as nothing is ever my fault!

On a side note, would you say that 2 week break away from poker did you good?  Obviously you had a deep run on your first tourney back but mentally did you feel refreshed or find yourself overly eager to get involved initially?
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »

Poker is one of them games where people come from all different walks of life to "enjoy" (a lot of us are obviously sadomasochistic). Everyone has a story and 83% of people are happy to chat away and share their views, stories and outlooks on life, poker and the valet who's walking by in the tight hot-pants. Automatically, by opening up, people tend to feel more relaxed, comfortable and have more fun because most stories tend not to be the that of the unfortunate cancer-stricken gentleman (who was still enjoying his time around the table) but rather buoyant, amusing anecdotes.

To be honest, we've only played around the same poker table a few times and I hadn't really noticed that aspect of your table demeanour. This could be because I tend to be a big fan of my own voice - and in the future really I don't want interact with you as the last time we played you uber pwned me limping QQ on the button and enticing a 5 bet jam out of me with some ridiculously awful cards... It's probably knocking on a year ago and I've still not forgot - I obviously blame you as nothing is ever my fault!

On a side note, would you say that 2 week break away from poker did you good?  Obviously you had a deep run on your first tourney back but mentally did you feel refreshed or find yourself overly eager to get involved initially?

Thankyou buddy.

Yeah I think vocally I time my bursts of speech and interaction. There are certain circumstances in which I become the quiet one. There are certain people who play at DTD when they are on the table I become quiet. Tactics/Strategy ( which I don't want to explain Wink ).

I remember that hand buddy. Yeah guy opens MP, gets flatted and I look at you in the BB and flat the button with the mighty QQ suited Smiley .. SB completes and you chunky 3 bet in their eyes. I click it back (which makes no sense!) and you jam for a ton!  I believe. No sweat which was nice, lol.

Mentally, yeah definitely. People playing poker don't always respect how much time away has on your game. Forget reflecting and reading up on new strategy's during that time. Chill. It totally allows you to refocus, de-level yourself and be equal mentally and technically. Which plays a massive part of my game. I wouldn't take 2 weeks holiday from work and while away look at new door profiles and such. There is a time for that. Spend time with people you love, do things you love to do besides poker and when you sit down to play again, you are ready. No disrespect to anyone that played at all, but this was the softest field I have ever played at DTD, which is a big reason why I ran deep tbh.

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »

Well done yesterday bingers Smiley

ty ty. Good luck in Vegas, enjoying the story so far.

Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »

Thankyou buddy.

Yeah I think vocally I time my bursts of speech and interaction. There are certain circumstances in which I become the quiet one. There are certain people who play at DTD when they are on the table I become quiet. Tactics/Strategy ( which I don't want to explain Wink ).

I remember that hand buddy. Yeah guy opens MP, gets flatted and I look at you in the BB and flat the button with the mighty QQ suited Smiley .. SB completes and you chunky 3 bet in their eyes. I click it back (which makes no sense!) and you jam for a ton!  I believe. No sweat which was nice, lol.

Mentally, yeah definitely. People playing poker don't always respect how much time away has on your game. Forget reflecting and reading up on new strategy's during that time. Chill. It totally allows you to refocus, de-level yourself and be equal mentally and technically. Which plays a massive part of my game. I wouldn't take 2 weeks holiday from work and while away look at new door profiles and such. There is a time for that. Spend time with people you love, do things you love to do besides poker and when you sit down to play again, you are ready. No disrespect to anyone that played at all, but this was the softest field I have ever played at DTD, which is a big reason why I ran deep tbh.

I take back what I said about "ridiculously awful cards" - SUITED! I do remember that the flat, then click back did make no sense to me at all - as at the time I was pretty new to the table and don't think I'd been too aggro (if I remember rightly). And because it made no sense and we'd not really had any history I pretty much made my next decision on how you looked (so bad but most of us do it).

Agree about the refreshment. I used to travel few destinations in Europe to play poker pretty regularly but if I went away on a holiday with friends/gf etc there would be zero poker as I also feel it's important to get have that detox away and enjoy "normal" life for a week or two.

Long may the soft fields continue Wink
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »

DTD Grand Prix

As mentioned in his diary, last night me and Tomsom have agreed to complete a series of NLH Heads UP games on DTD software.
Games will be logged by us with the winner being crowned a mean mofo.
The loser however, will be forced to wear mask/headgear of the winners choosing throughout the DTD Grand Prix!

We played our first game and I absolutely destroyed him tbh.

He declined a rematch before the option even popped up.
We will see how this goes, but should be fun!

1-0
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:23:55 AM by Tommy Bingham » Logged

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »

Just completed our series of heads up matches between me and Mr Thomas Somervile.
I won the lot and didn't lose a game.

gg Tomsom87.

BTW, your forfeit is fucking awesome imo.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 02, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »

Just completed 3 heads up matches between me and Mr Thomas Somervile.
I had AA every hand.

gg Tomsom87.

fyp  Tongue
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »

Just completed our series of heads up matches between me and Mr Thomas Somervile.

gg Tomsom87.

Well played Tommy. I was pretty annoyed I paid you off everytime. I brought out my cape, but i suppose you cannot hero call an absolute hero. You played very well and completely destroyed me. I was scared to three bet you light, as I know you are capable of sticking it in my eye everytime. I am looking forward to dressing up in whatever you choose. I didn't win a hand in three matches and was outclassed. The thing is, my calculator was broke and my data and equity charts were filled away in my 'poker' cabinet and I couldn't find the key. When I find my calculator, we should have a rematch. You've proven that you are more skillful than me and wouldn't mind some training.

PS. DIAGF

FYP and all. Much love x

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »

gg Tomsom87.

Well played Tommy. I was pretty annoyed I paid you off everytime. I brought out my cape, but i suppose you cannot hero call an absolute hero. You played very well and completely destroyed me. I was scared to three bet you light, as I know you are capable of sticking it in my eye everytime. I am looking forward to dressing up in whatever you choose. I didn't win a hand in three matches and was outclassed. The thing is, my calculator was broke and my data and equity charts were filled away in my 'poker' cabinet and I couldn't find the key. When I find my calculator, we should have a rematch. You've proven that you are more skillful than me and wouldn't mind some training.

PS. DIAGF

FYP and all. Much love x

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:29:36 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

BUMP!!! Whats happening in your life Mr. Binkam?Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: