blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Fantasy WSOP anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy WSOP anyone?  (Read 4617 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »

Anyone interested in a fantasy WSOP league?

All pick perhaps 6 players and get points for getting in the cash, final table appearances and bracelets.

Everyone stick in $20 and best team scoops the pool...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:57:08 PM »

Im in and so is womble. Sort some rules out keith

ariston

better lucky than good
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »

Count me in.   
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »

I think the best idea is to keep it simple... (especially if I am landed with the job of updating the scores!)..

Have five catergories of players and everyone picks one player from each group and then has one wildcard pick.

You get 1pt for an in the money finish, 2pts for a ft and 3 pts for a bracelet. Double points for the main event.

Off the top of my head the groups could be:

Worlds finest : Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Ted Forrest, Johnny Chan, John Juanda, Allen Cunningham

Europes Elite: Ram Vaswani, David Benyamine, Devilfish, Ben Roberts, Praz Bansi, Pacal Perrault

Best of Blonde: El Blondie, John Shipley, Brian Wilson, Stuart Fox, JP Kelly, Tikay

Womens Winners: Cyndi Violette, Jen Harman, Vicky Coren, Lucy Rokach, Liz Lieu, Kristy Gazes

Annoying Players: Daniel Negreanu, Phil Helmuth, Tony G, Mike Matusow, Antonio Esfandiari, Annie Duke

One Free choice.

$20 to enter. Send the entry fee to me on pokerstars before the first event starts... and depending how many players we get... we will have winner takes all or 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.

How does that grab you all?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:22:53 PM by The Camel » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »

stick me down

pop the rules (as basic as they may be) and a deadline for posting your team up pls Keith.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

I think the best idea is to keep it simple... (especially if I am landed with the job of updating the scores!)..

Have five catergories of players and everyone picks one player from each group and then has one wildcard pick.

You get 1pt for an in the money finish, 2pts for a ft and 3 pts for a bracelet. Double points for the main event.

Worlds finest : Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Ted Forrest, Johnny Chan, John Juanda, Allen Cunningham

Europes Elite: Ram Vaswani, David Benyamine, Devilfish, Ben Roberts, Praz Bansi, Pacal Perrault

Best of Blonde: El Blondie, John Shipley, Brian Wilson, Stuart Fox, JP Kelly, Tikay

Womens Winners: Cyndi Violette, Jen Harman, Vicky Coren, Lucy Rokach, Liz Lieu, Kristy Gazes

Annoying Players: Daniel Negreanu, Phil Helmuth, Tony G, Mike Matusow, Antonio Esfandiari, Annie Duke

One Free choice.

$20 to enter. Send the entry fee to me on pokerstars before the first event starts... and depending how many players we get... we will have winner takes all or 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.

seems perfect apart from the points to me. I would say a final table and bracelt should be worth more as so many cash. Maybe 1pt 3pts 5pts?. Agree with keeping it simple though and think your groups are perfect but could do with a few names adding into each bracket or we will all go for similar picks. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:53:35 PM by ariston » Logged

ariston

better lucky than good
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 07:57:34 PM »

One Free choice.

seems perfect apart from the points to me. I would say a final table and bracelt should be worth more as so many cash. Maybe 1pt 3pts 5pts?. Agree with keeping it simple though and think your groups are perfect but could do with a few names adding into each bracket or we will all go for similar picks. 

Yes..1,3,5 is much better.

Adding players to the brackets is a good idea in principle... but finding more decent women players will be very difficult   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »

i'm easy, its just a bit of fun...lets go with what you say with entries by Sunday evening 3rd June

you going across Keith?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:04:23 PM »

i'm easy, its just a bit of fun...lets go with what you say with entries by Sunday evening 3rd June

you going across Keith?

I'm doing the old double trip. Going for 2 weeks early, then home for a couple of weeks and back for main event.

It's my longest spell between trips to Vegas for 10 years. I'm really looking forward to it.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 08:10:43 PM »

you coud include the ladies who are going to be playing plenty events (ie the sponsored ones like isa, tilly, russou etc). Isa did make one final and a couple of other minor cashes last year and tily did win a bracelet (htf did that happen?).

I would suggest marc (as one of the owners) should be in the best of blonde catagory as he will be playing plenty events and also roland has to be in there along with andy black in the european elite section (if not in the worlds best section).

ariston

better lucky than good
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 08:22:48 PM »

you coud include the ladies who are going to be playing plenty events (ie the sponsored ones like isa, tilly, russou etc). Isa did make one final and a couple of other minor cashes last year and tily did win a bracelet (htf did that happen?).

I would suggest marc (as one of the owners) should be in the best of blonde catagory as he will be playing plenty events and also roland has to be in there along with andy black in the european elite section (if not in the worlds best section).

Blimey Russ, you are a hard taskmaster! I just pulled those names from the sir in 5 minutes. Give the poor old Camel a chance!!!

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »

lol you seemed to be strugglig with the lady players hehe. You come up with the player brackets and we will all go with whatever groups you decide on, we could all have a couple of wildcard picks in case our picks arent included in any bracket though i suppose. Your game so i suggest you hold the pot and we all just transfer the fee (whatever u decide) to you on stars. See how many you get and decide whether its winner takes all or top 3 payout as well - we did run one the first will hill grand prix if memory derved me right and there was a load of people in the pool.

ariston

better lucky than good
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

Wahey! Just had a great idea.

We make a thread where everyone puts their picks... and every time they get points... they update their own score!!!

Saves one person (ie me) spending hours updating all the scores!!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

Count me in Keith, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »

You come up with the player brackets and we will all go with whatever groups you decide on, we could all have a couple of wildcard picks in case our picks arent included in any bracket though i suppose. Your game so i suggest you hold the pot and we all just transfer the fee (whatever u decide) to you on stars. See how many you get and decide whether its winner takes all or top 3 payout as well

Huh? am I being thick here? is ariston telling keith to do exactly what he said he was going to do earlier in the thread or is this some kind of 2p2 style leveling thing Huh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: