blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:23:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  GF wants to get involved with some poker, +ev?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GF wants to get involved with some poker, +ev?  (Read 4524 times)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »

teach her open face imo, im trying to teach mine and think its a lot easier to pick up.

Pads with the advanced poker answer...  standard   Smiley

Ive just read the title of this thread to my better half and she said "  She must be pretty bored to want to learn   ! "
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »

Well she does have 6 weeks off work from today!!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 10:23:54 PM »

Two possible explanations:
1. Your good lady has had her interest piqued by your romping enthusiasm for this game and, as she wants to be with you when you are at your happiest (sorry, second happiest; obviously you're at your happiest when you are having a romantic dinner with her), she will go the extra mile to learn to play herself and join you at the tables; or

2. Your mistreated better half is finally putting her foot down on all this nocturnal activity and wants to see what you really get up to when you leave the house after dinner and don't return until The Wright Stuff starts, smelling of sweaty old men and flavoured tobacco. She suspects you of having a Moroccan boyfriend in his early sixties and, although 99.7% disgusted, in some dark corner of her psyche, she's curious. She's learning poker purely as an exercise - pun ahoy - to call your bluff and meet Mr El-Pokeuri.

In either case, mercifully, the solution is the same:

You need to think of something she does on her own and offer to join her the night before she is going to join you at the tables.

Whatever it is - painting her nails, watching Sex and the City, Ann Summers party (I assume this is some form of tuppaware thing?) - make sure you make a total arse of yourself; I mean really go to town. But be endearing. Don't shout about how utterly intolerable the experience is or point out how unappealing Charlotte's character is. No. Just be really shit. Spill the nail polish, use the same spoon in two different tubs of Ben and Jerry's. Ask what the swirly bit does on that funny-shaped remote control.

She won't fall out with you about it. In fact, if you pull it off, she'll love you more for it. But she won't fancy reciprocating any time soon.

When you are ready to invite her into your "man zone", you can do so easily and with confidence that you are in control.

That or just MTFU and get on with it. You'll know which is better, I'm sure.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »

Can't see the need for a thread to be honest.

Just man up and take her with you to a live game just as she's requested.

If that's what she wants then just do it, blokes are supposed to do what their girl wants, that's just how it works.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 12:55:16 AM »

It's a good thing overall.

My gf comes with me to the occasional pub game. She knows the rules well enough and has a somewhat basic understanding of strategy. It's nice to involve her in something I enjoy.

The only downside I find is when I watch her play a hand really badly. I feel like it reflects badly on me!

Blue text
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »

lols at some of the reply's here. As you have known here for ages and she knows you play poker I doubt it's about her thinking you got a bird on the side.

Take her along, she will soon see how boring playing is most of the time, let alone watching someone else play for hours.

If she wants to learn teach her, but be prepared for her to soon get bored of it.

Taught my mrs to play and she played a few games online and a few home games, but soon got bored of it, even when she was winning
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »

teach her open face imo, im trying to teach mine and think its a lot easier to pick up.

Pads with the advanced poker answer...  standard   Smiley

Ive just read the title of this thread to my better half and she said "  She must be pretty bored to want to learn   ! "

In serious Fraser. She would be closer to equal skill level and she would do great I'm sure. If she places online shed play 2nl she could play for 1/2 dollars at open face.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 01:03:55 PM »

watching Sex and the City

Real men think this series is called Sex in the City.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »

My bird, 'The Piranha' learnt to play not long after me - just playing small home games, but then also a few games out.

She ran like Goulder and won first time in a pub game for a few hundo and bought a laptop.  Ran a few dollars into just over a hundo and bought a dress.  FT'd another.

Then pretty much stopped playing.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »

I work in an office and love Strictly. Were I to call myself a "real man", by 1.30, this thread would be seven pages deep of people posting "CALL!"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »

TIL I'm a real man
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »

To answer it is the single most "leak" "-EV" or just totally ridic thing I've ever done in my life was say "this online poker malarkey looks like fun YOU SHOULD TRY IT" 

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=61034.msg1817127#msg1817127
MrsG2L

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »

If that's what she wants then just do it, blokes are supposed to do what their girl wants, that's just how it works.

Well put!
MrsG2L

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 05:57:08 PM »

Did George come back? He said he was going to !

From the perspective of the gf/wife, encourage her to get involved! Way more pros than cons Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: