blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:43:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  flopped idiot end with FD on board
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: flopped idiot end with FD on board  (Read 1857 times)
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:29:22 AM »

If you're going to call preflop with these stack sizes I really don't see how you can pass on the flop.

Nah, this is fairly bad thinking. You'll end up compounding a mistake then which calling pf is in sb with this hand and these stacks (btw I stack off here) Point I am making is just because you do x automatically means you have do y etc if y is incorrect
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 01:36:06 AM »

Maybe I phrased it badly then, I meant I didn't like the call preflop, but I think you have to stack off here and accept it if you're beat, but if you all had larger stacks then the decision would take more thought.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 01:40:19 AM »

I am not sure I phrased it very well either!

I am just saying, if you make a mistake on a previous street, then saying you have to stack off because you found yourself here is bad thinking. (Again, I don't think this hand is 1 of those situations) I am making more general point
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 01:42:11 AM »

I understand your point, I wasn't saying we should call because of the mistake preflop, more that I think we have to call because of the stack sizes now.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
The_Diamond

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:27 AM »

Preflop is horrible. It's not profitable to call off over 10% of your stack OOP with this hand. There's just no getting away from that.

Postflop if you're willing to go broke then you should definitely consider open shoving. This is so much better than check-calling because you immediately make it unprofitable for anyone to call with a flush or straight draw and every time you take it down you increase your stack by almost 50%.

The villain plays the hand very well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 04:26:21 AM by The_Diamond » Logged

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »

Preflop is horrible. It's not profitable to call off over 10% of your stack OOP with this hand. There's just no getting away from that.

Postflop if you're willing to go broke then you should definitely consider open shoving. This is so much better than check-calling because you immediately make it unprofitable for anyone to call with a flush or straight draw and every time you take it down you increase your stack by almost 50%.

I agree with all of this.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: