blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013  (Read 56767 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »

sent
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »

Ok, this is really annoying and disappointing.

Nine people have sent money, and I am limited to 8 seats.

I will call Ticketmaster and see if they let me have 9 together, instead of the 8.

But if not, as I said in on of the posts, the last person to transfer me money will have to miss out... And I can't say who is last until tomorrow when the names of the people who transferred me money shows on my bank account!

Or maybe better if I get say 5, and someone else buys 4?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

I currently have one spare in my row of four, if no joy.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »

I currently have one spare in my row of four, if no joy.

That would be perfect!

Although on checking, a couple of people who confirmed they were in, haven't sent money yet.

So maybe wait for a day and see if they really are in and get someone else to buy more tickets?

I'm going to go ahead and buy 8 tickets now.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »

In for all festivities, bar American Football. Never enjoyed it.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »

8 tickets booked.

I'll be able to tell you who has missed out tomorrow.

Hopefully they will able to take Curtis's spare ticket.

Or, if people still want to go... start another list and buy more tickets tomorrow?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

Discussed this at length with Mattu during curry night yesterday evening

Both in, will ship the money over now

Slight addition to the plan, you will find us in www.rasoi-uk.com on Friday night

You two are definitely in, because I received the double payment first. (You didn't send the extra booking fee though.. you still owe me £11.30!)

90% I'm in for the curry on Friday night too.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

bugger, sorry I wasn't online earlier. will deffo be included in the next batch if we get enough.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »

Discussed this at length with Mattu during curry night yesterday evening

Both in, will ship the money over now

Slight addition to the plan, you will find us in www.rasoi-uk.com on Friday night

You two are definitely in, because I received the double payment first. (You didn't send the extra booking fee though.. you still owe me £11.30!)

90% I'm in for the curry on Friday night too.

Ooops!

Should be there now.

Apologies

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2013, 02:57:39 PM »

Nothing on at Kempton? Trekking from Newbury to London sounds like a chore to me.

Newbury was my favourite track when I lived in London due to it's easy access by rail.

It was a while ago but you didn't have to change trains.

Might be a few special services for race days. I only checked for this Saturday by way of example on a Trainline app. 75mins including the change BTW.

I just had a look and you do have to change at Reading.

I could have sworn that there used to be a direct race-day service.

There most certainly used to be, but my knowledge of it does not extend beyond the Autumn of 1967, so it may have changed now....

And it gives me the chance to retell a tale I told a while back. (ZZZzzz....)

There used to be a "Newbury Race Special" back in the day, Paddington to Newbury, the train waited at Newbury all afternoon, & then returned to Paddington after Racing finished. Tales from that train, full of punters gamblers & all sorts of sorts, litter literature, be it stories of degen gamblers, or in Dick Francis novels.

In the Autumn of 1967, the train had returned to Paddington, &, as was the custom, the driver leaned out of the locomotive cab after it stopped, watching the passengers walk to the exit, & quite frequently, they would get a little tip, just sixpence or a shilling, for "being on time" or "nice smooth ride, Driver".

On this occasion, a dapper young man in a trilby stopped & whispered to the driver "back Frankincense for next season's Lincoln, it is 66/1, but it will soon be much shorter".

Frankincense duly trotted up, & the chap in the trilby, who was at the time Travelling Head Lad to John Oxley, was alleged to have had a total of £60,000 on it, & from the winnings, he purchased a Yard in Lambourn.

His name, of course, was Barry Hills, & he went on to train over 3,000 winners, & sire 4 sons, two of whom became very successful jockeys.

The driver of the train was Jimmy Kendall, who had never once had a bet in his life before that day. He had, I think, 2 shillings, or half a crown each way @ 66/1, & from then on, was a hooked punter for the rest of his life, & he too went on to sire a handsome son - now early middle-aged - who caught the betting bug from his Dad. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:59:32 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »

Nothing on at Kempton? Trekking from Newbury to London sounds like a chore to me.

Newbury was my favourite track when I lived in London due to it's easy access by rail.

Might be a few special services for race days. I only checked for this Saturday by way of example on a Trainline app. 75mins including the change BTW.

There most certainly used to be, but my knowledge of it does not extend beyond the Autumn of 1967, so it may have changed now....

There used to be a "Newbury Race Special" back in the day, Paddington to Newbury, the train waited at Newbury all afternoon, & then returned to Paddington after Racing finished. Tales from that train, full of punters gamblers & all sorts of sorts, litter literature, be it stories of degen gamblers, or in Dick Francis novels.

In the Autumn of 1967, the train had returned to Paddington, &, as was the custom, the driver leaned out of the locomotive cab after it stopped, watching the passengers walk to the exit, & quite frequently, they would get a little tip, just sixpence or a shilling, for "being on time" or "nice smooth ride, Driver".

On this occasion, a dapper young man in a trilby stopped & whispered to the driver "back Frankincense for next season's Lincoln, it is 66/1, but it will soon be much shorter".

Frankincense duly trotted up, & the chap in the trilby, who was at the time Travelling Head Lad to John Oxley, was alleged to have had a total of £60,000 on it, & from the winnings, he purchased a Yard in Lambourn.

His name, of course, was Barry Hills, & he went on to train over 3,000 winners, & sire 4 sons, two of whom became very successful jockeys.

The driver of the train was Jimmy Kendall, who had never once had a bet in his life before that day. He had, I think, 2 shillings, or half a crown each way @ 66/1, & from then on, was a hooked punter for the rest of his life, & he too went on to sire a handsome son - now early middle-aged - who caught the betting bug from his Dad. 

Allez!!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

a lovely story Tony.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »

Deal me in please just let me know when you require shippage Keith.

It'll be my first NFL game since my cousins in NY took me to a Jets v Packers game in 1967.

Blimey Ralph, in 1967 you could have been at the Ice Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game

I read somewhere that tho the crowd was 50,000 the amount of people that claim to have been there is 10 x that.Sorry to hijack the thread but 5 mins for some spare reading is suggested...

''''The University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (then Wisconsin State University–La Crosse) Marching Chiefs band were scheduled to perform the pre-game and half-time shows. However, during warm-ups in the brutal cold, the woodwind instruments froze and would not play; the mouthpieces of brass instruments got stuck to the players' lips; and seven members of the band were transported to local hospitals for hypothermia. The band's further performances were canceled for the day'''

It's seems my memory is fraying slightly at the edges when it comes to 1967, (they do say that if you remember it well then you weren't there after all) but I have tracked down the game that I attended with my NY cousins.

It was the NY Giants not the Jets, and it was a pre-season game which the Packers won 31-14 on Sertember 9th.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »

Ok, It turned out to be Tal was the unlucky number 9.

Bobby1 still wants to go and a couple of others have expressed interest so Tal is going to purchase some more tickets.

Same deal applies, you need to send him the money up front and he will do the business. PM him and he will tell you the crack.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »

ASAP please, chaps and chappesses. We don't want to be the other end of the ground to the first choicers Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: