blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013  (Read 56762 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »

!

Only just realised this........(after being prompted by someone)

Jeez.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »

Am trying to find a way to resolve my scheduling dilemma.

I've written to Keith to explain.

Ugh.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »

I've just discovered that there's a Paul Klee exhibition at Tate Modern from the middle of October. He was one of my favourite artists along with Picasso as a growing boy and I've never seen any of his work "live".

I've pencilled tikay in as I know he loves this kind of thing but might anyone else be interested a visit?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »

Think it would be pretty apt if the king of the misclick has cocked this up and double booked himself
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »

I've just discovered that there's a Paul Klee exhibition at Tate Modern from the middle of October. He was one of my favourite artists along with Picasso as a growing boy and I've never seen any of his work "live".

I've pencilled tikay in as I know he loves this kind of thing but might anyone else be interested a visit?

I'll join you.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

Hotel booked

Quilon booked for a table of 6 Friday 8pm

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »

They have sent me the set menu's and a la carte menu, if anyone wants a look then PM me your email address and I will forward it over.

Thanks

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »

They have sent me the set menu's and a la carte menu, if anyone wants a look then PM me your email address and I will forward it over.

Thanks

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »

I'll join you.

Good man.

I've also pencilled Tal in as I'm sure he likes that kind of thing and I'm planning on inviting my niece and nephew to join us possibly Sunday mid-dayish followed by dim-sum in Soho.

An afternoon of trying to offset the exes in The Vic afterwards before the armour-plated egg-chasing fiesta seems logical at this point.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2013, 01:24:26 AM »

Update/Bump

Who is in for Wimbledon v Oxford football?

Probably a decent idea to meet somewhere in Wimbledon for lunch, then get taxis to the football.

Anyone know the area, and suggest a decent pub/restaurant we could meet up?

Wimbledon dogs have sent me a REF number. Mention that at the gate and they'll let you in and direct you to the restaurant. They haven't said a time in the email but I guess set there at 6.30/7pm ish.

PM me for the REF number.

Anything else we need to sort out? I guess we ought to pick somewhere to meet up Sunday PM too. A pub near Wembley stadium.

Decent football on Sky. Tyne/Wear Derby at 1.30 and Chelsea v Man City at 4pm.

Assume the NFL kicks off at 6 (although it has been 5 too - depends which week the clocks go back in the States)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:28:44 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2013, 01:33:27 AM »

I know there's a big/decent pub near Wembley Park tube station which is ten on to be showing the football.

Can't remember the name for the life of me.

It will packed to the rafters for the 2 hours prior to kickoff, but if we get there at 1pm or something, we should be able to stake a claim to a couple of tables.

*EDIT* I think it's called The Torch.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:38:10 AM by The Camel » Logged

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »

Update/Bump

Probably a decent idea to meet somewhere in Wimbledon for lunch, then get taxis to the football.

Wimbledon dogs have sent me a REF number. Mention that at the gate and they'll let you in and direct you to the restaurant. They haven't said a time in the email but I guess set there at 6.30/7pm ish.

Anything else we need to sort out? I guess we ought to pick somewhere to meet up Sunday PM too. A pub near Wembley stadium.

Assume the NFL kicks off at 6 (although it has been 5 too - depends which week the clocks go back in the States)

Never been to Wimbledon's ground....but it looks nearer Kingston than Wimbledon. However it's overground to Kingston, tube to Wimbledon, if that's an issue?

There are a couple of good pubs,(and food) right next to each other on Wimbledon Common.....however its a bit of a walk (15/20 mins?) from Wimbledon tube up to posh! Wimbledon Village/Common behind it.

About 8/10 mins in a cab from those pubs to the ground.

http://www.youngs.co.uk/venues/show/414

http://www.thecrookedbilletwimbledon.com/

Also in Wimbledon Village there's The Dog and Fox...again good pub , but can get busy.

http://www.dogandfoxpub.co.uk/
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

Update/Bump

The October games is a 5pm kickoff, thankfully, as it means there is a train back which doesn't involve leaving early.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »

Update/Bump

The October games is a 5pm kickoff, thankfully, as it means there is a train back which doesn't involve leaving early.

Jags to provide their game of the season and take it to OT imo.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »

Update/Bump

Jags to provide their game of the season and take it to OT imo.

The way the niners have started, 17 points might be enough...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: