blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The One Time Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The One Time Thread  (Read 1100 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:20:02 AM »

At Boston airport and they are offering $650 to be bumped to a flight 2 hours after mine or $1300 for one in the morning plus hotel. Didnt pay for the flight as it was a work thing so one mother fkn time please! 😀

Offered the guy at the desk a few $$$ to make sure i was bumped but he was having none of it lol, Vegas they would have snapped your hand off for a few extra 😂
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:56:53 AM »

Didn't happen, they were just teasing me 😩
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:12:49 AM »

Why did they offer such high amounts, effectively guaranteeing large interest? Surely they could offer half the amounts and people would still volunteer to change?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 01:20:01 AM »

HAd the same offer from Virgin in 2011 to go to vegas from Gatters a day later instead of Manchester that day.   Bunged us £850 in cash there and then plus flew us to Gatters and put us up in Hilton with food and a free bar all night.   You would be surprised how few people actually took the offer up.  Missing one night in vegas out of a 7 week trip all expenses paid and the return flight effectively paid for in cash didn't seem like too much hassle to me.  Even if i was going for a week to vegas i would sack off a day for that much cash and just enjoy the freeroll for the day.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:31:51 AM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 01:22:32 AM »

Why did they offer such high amounts, effectively guaranteeing large interest? Surely they could offer half the amounts and people would still volunteer to change?

No idea mate, they obviously know what they need to offer to make people delay, i dont know where i was on the list. I might have been the only one not chosen for all I know. I saw three different couples kicking off at check in because they were told they might not get on the plane because it was overbooked.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »

I always mean to ask, what do you do for a job Woodsey? You get about to some interesting places.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 06:34:19 PM »

I always mean to ask, what do you do for a job Woodsey? You get about to some interesting places.

Work for a Pharma company mate, we went to a medical conference over there and hosted a few dinners and took customers of ours out each night. I Probably do about half a dozen or so of these things every year.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: