blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Playing the 74 in last nights Blonde freeroll
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing the 74 in last nights Blonde freeroll  (Read 1629 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »

Weekly freeroll on blonde: I got some abuse from two players who seem to know each other over a hand that doubled me up very early on. I am not too sure I played it like a "retard" as they said I did.

I got dealt  I call 40 and see the flop.

two hearts

I put a bet of 80 out to test the water and I am re-raised by 180, I go all in thinking I have lots of outs and he most probs has two high cards.

He shows 

ofcourse I get my flush on the river! and I proceed to get verbal abuse by two people about how bad I played the hand.

Where they right?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:41:12 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »

I arrived late to the game and walked in to the "friendly" banter as the hand finished. That Rhys chap has struck me as a good player in the past and not inclined to be rude but he was out of order last night, especially as he wasn't even in the hand but was obviously a friend of the sore loser.

It was supposed to be a fun comp and a "freeroll" anyway, what on earth was there problem? I think they are a bit up themselves and a miffed to see his chips go at an early stage. At least I had the satisfation of taking Rhys's chips off him a few hands later.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »

Yes thats true, its a freeroll for god's sake. Felt nice when you sank his ship and then I took his last 80 Smiley
stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »

to be honest 47 suited is a better hand than 7Q off....for one, they are suited, and they are near-connected..plus its the god-damn nuts - who the hell plays 7Q off strongly anyway?

Click to see full-size image.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »

Very bad play by the other chap with Q7 off IMO.

I too have played Rhys many times and he is a good player and I must say has always struck me as a very nice chap. Its a bit out of character for him to be rude. Who was the player with Q7 can you remember?

Maybe Tribeca players are getting fed up being beaten with 47 LOL
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »

Not sure, had welsh flag avatar though and was his friend from Cardiff.. Ahh well sore losers
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »

Yes there are a bunch of students from Cardiff that play in the UPL league/ $1k so they were probably mates.

They will be after your blood next week 
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:57:02 PM »

a name like "sennapod" or close  Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »

Ahhhhhh sentipied...again a very good player but he has been know to get a bit verbal  Cheesy

Surprised he played that hand.

I think the fact that this game is played at midnight on a Sunday may have a lot to do with the fishy/bad calls made which is why the canadian seem to do so well.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:55 PM »

That's the chap

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: