blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  He's about to blow..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's about to blow..  (Read 1045 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »

Beating up this regfish quite alot. He's standard 25/22/7, but because I've been getting very ool vs him he's starting to play back abit more.

On other table I have just 3b folded utg+1 vs his utg open.

Thoughts on every street but pre.

Button: seat 9
Players in round: 6
Seat 3: bxy ($113.30)
Seat 4: 0113496 ($194)
Seat 7: magpie777 ($308.80)
Seat 8: regfish ($223.15)
Seat 9: Hero ($338.15)
Seat 10: sexycris ($214.40)
sexycris posts small blind ($1)
bxy posts big blind ($2)
---
Dealing pocket cards
Dealing to hero: [, Ah]
0113496 folds
magpie777 folds
regfish raises $6 to $6
Hero raises $18 to $18
sexycris folds
bxy folds
regfish calls $12
--- Dealing flop [, , ]
regfish checks
Hero bets $15
regfish raises $40 to $40
Hero calls $25
--- Dealing turn [three diamonds]
regfish checks
Hero checks
--- Dealing river []
regfish checks
Hero bets $32
regfish folds

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

like all

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »

I like every street. The only reason I'd bet turn would be to induce some spaz from something like  but if decided to c/r flop with these he just always bets this turn aswell so I like the check. For the same reasons and cos of the fact we have showdown value that checks behind the river so often I'd expect him to just bet the  on the river if he had some how got to the river like that with so yeah I'm pretty happy bet/calling the river (which is what I assume you're doing?)

As far as sizing on the river goes, when you bet this sizing it looks like you're thinner for value and he might decide you're never folding any flush to a c/r but if you bet bigger I think you're range looks more polarised (and because of this possibly more bluff heavy in a spot where you might turn some stuff into bluffs) so that might even make him more likely to spaz with his air vs your river bet and less likely to make big folds with his bluff catchers
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:01:35 AM »

I'm pretty tired but this looks pretty stnd?

My only thoguhts that the flop Cbet was quite small and I'd personally Vbet more OTR but I assume you had solid reason's for both sizings if you've been bashing him up so I can only assume you've played it pretty spot on.

I assume the small river bet is to try induce a jam? I think you prolly considered bluffing the turn? but I think the description of your relationship with your villain makes him way more likely to hero a lot lighter + you have plenty of equity and a great bluff catcher.

Mind you I might be missing something pretty obvious cos I'm tired

Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »

Your line is fine but personally I bet turn for value, seeing as your bashing this guy up he's gonna call you so light!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

thoughts on flop were that he wont defend many aces pre, and all broadways will c/f so tried to do something for him to spew. Generally on this board I would cbet 22ish.

i didnt want to get double c/raised on the turn, but perhaps bet/calling turn may be best, although I thought he was c/f the turn a bunch and I have so hapy to see river.

River I felt he just had complete air, some complete spaz bluff on the flop, i don't think he ever has a flush, 7/8/9d, the beats me, the is on the river and again unlikely to have the 10d.

I tried to rep 10/Qdd so that he would take a bad river shove line, btu was wondering in like $11 or $72 would be better sizing.

FWIW, what is the best hand we turn into a bluff here otr?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »

Bet turn because we're killing this guy and we "never have it" or "can't have it again, surely" etc. No sense leaving money on the table. From your reads, he's going to spaz here so often.

As played bet river smaller to rep a two pair hand and leave room for bluffs, as long as he doesn't think you're inducing (ie can we maintain balance here if we bet small? do we need to?)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: