blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Be Careful What You Wish For
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be Careful What You Wish For  (Read 889 times)
jjandellis
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12438355

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, but I doubt it's going to be pretty for anyone. So many ramifications.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

I was concerned that the military took over, but feel there was no other option. Constitutionally the reins ought to have been handed to the speaker but Mabarak bypassed that law, perhaps because the army would have taken over anyway. Mabarak came from the army and no one should be surprised by his action.

As for the future, I see that the old treaties are to be respected allowing some to breath more easily, especially in Israel and the White House. I am erring on the edge of optimism for a peaceful(ish) transition.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 04:31:30 PM »

Can't see Egypt turning democratic all of a sudden, but GL to them. Mubarak can go and sit on his estimated $40bill that he creamed of the Egyptian people.

Funny though how the UK and US always kept quiet about him and now all of a sudden he's an evil dictator.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: