blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:33:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $22r+a 35k Top set vs river donk
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $22r+a 35k Top set vs river donk  (Read 2607 times)
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »

agree with more pre I'm going around 550 he made a big initial 3b fwiw. Bet more on flop please
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »

Many thanks for your responses.

Really wish I'd stuck with my gut on this one and ignored the maths of the situation.

I think >99% of the time this bet just means he HAS IT.

Especially this early.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:47:22 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

As an aside, I had a bit of an epiphany last night.

Sat on the bubble for quite some time in the $33cubed, subiime just crushed it. I knew the guy really and truly is OI, but just watching his play in front of my very own eyes really hit it home. The bubble bursts and soon after I run my aces into Kings and AQs for a huge pot on the last two tables and can't get there.

I've always been one to rue my own luck, but this beat was different. I'd normally be like 'fuuuuuu jokerstars, every f#king time!' and feel tilted for the next 20 mins. But not this time, this time I just thought 'meh'. Switched it off and went to sleep.

I think I'm finally Over It. It feels good.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »

As an aside, I had a bit of an epiphany last night.

Sat on the bubble for quite some time in the $33cubed, subiime just crushed it. I knew the guy really and truly is OI, but just watching his play in front of my very own eyes really hit it home. The bubble bursts and soon after I run my aces into Kings and AQs for a huge pot on the last two tables and can't get there.

I've always been one to rue my own luck, but this beat was different. I'd normally be like 'fuuuuuu jokerstars, every f#king time!' and feel tilted for the next 20 mins. But not this time, this time I just thought 'meh'. Switched it off and went to sleep.

I think I'm finally Over It. It feels good.

These moments in poker are the nuts. I was sat at a table in the last MC with my best friend, and we had the pleasure to watch Ben Martin play some pokeys, he was fantastic and it just showed me that despite knowing 95% of the game, the 5% i don't know means absolutely everything

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »

I agree with everybody saying you should be betting more throughout, esp pre and flop. So thing is if you're making it cheap and your image is hellafish it's difficult to put just an 8 in his hands. Easier fold after betting more imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »

4bet wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger pre. folding now. by 4betting small you don't define his range as he is flatting 100% of his 3bet range. That's why i lean towards a fold on the river.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: