blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tournament Hand of the Week 29th November
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Hand of the Week 29th November  (Read 6419 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »

ok..seein that Hero now thought it right to just flatcall on the flop (surely the worst out of all the options available?) and the actions that followed.

It must be clear that AT BEST button has AK diamonds but more likely the best scenario for you is him having A10 and he would split it with you. (assuming your read is correct here..but I wouldn't be surprised if that was as off as the hand you're playing Wink ).

fold, in the name of all that is holy fold right here. Though I'm thinking this is one of those "but I married the hand and wil stick with her through thick and thin" situations that we should all try to avoid and sometimes just can't manage.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TEX FITZ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »

i'm new to the board, read them all but never had much to offer but here goes :-

I'm thinking the button has flopped a set and sitting on it knowing drunkpro will put in a continuation bet, putting him on AK as boldie says - he doesn't raise because you're still in the pot, either unsure about you or dragging you along.

When  turns he knows theres gonna be more action from drunkpro, and possibly you ( putting you on Ax or possibly A10 )

At best you can hope button has A10 for split - possibly  three diamonds for 2 pair & nutflush draw

any of this make sense Huh?

epileptic cowboy
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 06:09:51 PM »

i'm new to the board, read them all but never had much to offer but here goes :-

I'm thinking the button has flopped a set and sitting on it knowing drunkpro will put in a continuation bet, putting him on AK as boldie says - he doesn't raise because you're still in the pot, either unsure about you or dragging you along.

When  turns he knows theres gonna be more action from drunkpro, and possibly you ( putting you on Ax or possibly A10 )

At best you can hope button has A10 for split - possibly  three diamonds for 2 pair & nutflush draw

n1. Hero cant pass if he wants to win the event. Ask yourself, would Rolande de Wolfe pass here?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »

n1. Hero cant pass if he wants to win the event. Ask yourself, would Rolande de Wolfe pass here?

Hero can't pass because he's married to the hand. Roland wouldn't have ballsed the hand up like hero has in the first pace and therefore the comparison doesn't quite work. (just my humble opinion of course)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:37:17 AM »

Part Two

Appreciate the points about folding pre-flop but Hero is now in this mess and proceeding accordingly  Grin

Hero checks, expecting Pro to take the lead/possibly bluff and intending to check call to control pot size. Check raise never entered his thinking

Intending to re-evaluate on turn

Pro Insta bets 5,000 into the 7,900 pot and this is quickly flat called by the button, confidently

The Pot is now 17,900 and Hero has 22,500. He calls the 5,000.

Three players go to the turn with 22,900 in the pot

Remaining Stack Sizes

Hero 17,500
Drunk Pro 29,500
Button 24,500

Onto the turn

it comes

giving Hero top two pair

At this point Hero gets a read (of sorts) from Button, who sits bolt upright and looks at his chips

With the action on Hero, what is your course of action now?  Do you lead out? Move all-in? Or check intending to check raise or check call? Please explain your thinking behind your preferred move

As played (badly he now feels) Hero checks intending to check raise all-in, confident that one of the other two spots will bet for him

Hero Checks

Pro bets 14,000

Button moves instantly all-in, barely suppressing a grin

Its back to hero, and a monster pot

Can Hero possibly find a fold here? Should he?

The pot is a monstrous 60,900.

What are we putting both the other players on? Do we feel we are ahead?

Reveal on Friday

Open shove the turn for value. As played, go broke now.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

Agree, get the rest of you chips in.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »

Quote from: [url=http://www.blondepoker.com/blondepedia/blondepedia_view_player.php?player_id=1198
Alex[/url] Martin link=topic=29039.msg595411#msg595411 date=1195668591]

Hero can't pass because he's married to the hand. Roland wouldn't have ballsed the hand up like hero has in the first pace and therefore the comparison doesn't quite work. (just my humble opinion of course)

lol *** dons suit of armour, and scowls underneath ***

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 11:39:54 AM »

Quote from: [url=http://www.blondepoker.com/blondepedia/blondepedia_view_player.php?player_id=1198
Alex[/url] Martin link=topic=29039.msg595411#msg595411 date=1195668591]

lol *** dons suit of armour, and scowls underneath ***

lol..no offense Tighty but crickey mate Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »

none taken

No point putting up a well played hand is there, never learn that way.

My eyes are open wide
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »

No point putting up a well played hand is there,

don't have to worry about that from next week onwards, do we? Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »

rumour has it he can find a hand he played so-so.

My eyes are open wide
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »

The reveal to this hand can be found by clicking the link below:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/13897
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »

Well done on finding the fold there Tighty..atleast you got away from the hand in the end.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: