blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  You are the Secretary of State for Education
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are the Secretary of State for Education  (Read 11364 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »

I had the belt at primary school. Was always across the hands. It didn't leave any long lasting marks, but it made me think twice about doing something I shouldn't have been doing.

Think yous have had a different kind of experience.

We used to get it on either the hands or arse, we often got a choice of the cane or detention, most of us chose the cane as it was 15 mins of pain v half a Saturday stuck in detention. Don't see the big sweat about corporal punishment really...

Those who think that corporal punishment 'didn't do them any harm' are ignoring the fact that they grew up to believe that it was ok to assault children.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »

I had the belt at primary school. Was always across the hands. It didn't leave any long lasting marks, but it made me think twice about doing something I shouldn't have been doing.

We used to get it on either the hands or arse, we often got a choice of the cane or detention, most of us chose the cane as it was 15 mins of pain v half a Saturday stuck in detention. Don't see the big sweat about corporal punishment really...

Those who think that corporal punishment 'didn't do them any harm' are ignoring the fact that they grew up to believe that it was ok to assault children.

That's a ridiculous statement.

The two are totally different.

I was assaulted by a teacher and I got the belt at school. I knew what the difference was.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »

I went to a posh grammar school and got battered by the teachers on a few occasions, thoroughly deserved I might add. The sixth form prefects were allowed to dish out some beatings as well, but they were not quite so deserved. Either way I was totally fine with it, all part of building character. Prefer to deal with a few scrapes growing up rather than be a pussy-o wrapped in cotton wool I guess. Learning there are consequences to everything you do is a necessary lesson I think. Better to get a clip round the ear at school than a bottle in the throat at a pub!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »

I was assaulted by a teacher and I got the belt at school. I knew what the difference was.

Not at all ridiculous, using violence on a child is wrong whatever you feel inclined to call it.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2015, 10:37:16 PM »

Not at all ridiculous, using violence on a child is wrong whatever you feel inclined to call it.

It is ridiculous. Clearly two different things.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2015, 11:40:03 PM »

It is ridiculous. Clearly two different things.

Having checked, I am surprised to find that assault in legal terms doesn't involve actual contact, so let's find a different word and my post becomes

"Those who think that corporal punishment 'didn't do them any harm' are ignoring the the fact that they grew up to believe that it was ok to hit children"

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no situation in which it can be correct for a teacher to hit a child.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »

I can honestly say that if corporal punishment was brought back, I would leave the profession without a moment's hesitation.

There is NOTHING a child in my care can do that makes me want to physically assault them. Kids are kids, they're not perfect and they have to make mistakes to grow.

I couldn't bring myself to do it, I don't have it in me to strike a child with a belt.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: