blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DEAL OR NO DEAL
Poll
Question: IF I OWNED DUSK TILL DAWN, MY POLICY ON POKER DEALS WOULD BE
NO DEALS - ALL COMPS
NO DEALS - EXCEPT EVENING REGULAR £50 AND £15 COMPS
NO DEALS EXCEPT CHIP COUNT
DEALS - % MONEY KEPT FOR 1ST PRIZE
DEALS - PLAYERS DECIDE BETWEEN EACHOTHER

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEAL OR NO DEAL  (Read 27377 times)
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

I think looking at flattening the payouts is a worthy idea.  In last weekend's deepstack (£560 buy in) the minimum payout was £750, which frankly is ridiculous.  It's simply not worth it.  IMHO the minimum payout should be around double the buy-in (excluding the fee) therefore in this case £1000.  If you think about the effort and time a player has to put in during the deepstack to then finish with a minimum cash, it's simply not worth your time.

I'm not suggesting the players enter a tournament with a minimum cash in mind and it doesn't really matter why you end up with a minimum cash (bad play, unlucky, too passive), whatever the reason the point is that some players WILL min cash and if you are looking at flattening the payouts, then this needs to be all the way down the payout structure.

smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »

flatterning all the price postions sounds best to me with NO DEALS
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »

Flattening solves nothing. Deal mongers will still want to chop

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »

Flattening the structure pah, you may as well buy some grey slacks and settle down to your life of mediocrity.

It may be greed or ambition, but whenever I play a tournament I play in the belief that I can take it down with my eyes well and truly focussed on that top prize. I'm not aiming to come second or third. By flattening the structure it's like saying I'll play but I don't expect to win.

Where's the fighting spirit??

Ah! The element of surprise
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 04:19:26 PM »

Flattening the structure pah, you may as well buy some grey slacks and settle down to your life of mediocrity.

It may be greed or ambition, but whenever I play a tournament I play in the belief that I can take it down with my eyes well and truly focussed on that top prize. I'm not aiming to come second or third. By flattening the structure it's like saying I'll play but I don't expect to win.

Just being realistic.  Only one person can win the tournament.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »

I do think payout structures should in general be flatter. People deal because of the huge jumps and not wanting to flip for it. Flatten it out and there'll still be deals, but less off them.

Blue text
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

Very good debate this, enjoying reading the feedback.

Just be be clear, I define a "deal" as when the players agree and negotiate the details for each of them of the prize pool distribution, when we had 'no deals except chip count' I didn't consider players were dealing, it was just 2 different fixed payout options the players remaining had to choose from.

We have emailed out every single club member this evening to have their say, either on the Facebook vote Or the blonde vote.

I agree the details of this policy are important, as I beleive it will be copied, therefore have implications in other venues, so I'm no knee jerking here, I'm really making sure we get every bit of feedback possible.

What I can and will commit to now, is that players will not be 'deal making' ie negotiating a flexible payout structure between eachother, at DTD from 1st march. I also wouldn't expect 3 mates on our 15 comp to play till 6am either, and then chop it up anyway, it all about the rules that we put in place which I will make a final decision on when I feel I have enough information. I'm very pleased with the response so far, on Facebook and blondepoker.

Trust me, every comment on here and Facebook is being printed off and read and filed, whatever the final details are on the new policy, everyone will have contributed, but ultiimatley, I have to make a clear decision with Simon and whatever we do, it looks like we are going 50% are going to disagree, but more will disagree if we keep things the same, from both votes, that is crystal clear, as PLAYERS DECIDE BETWEEN EACHOTHER is not very popular so far.

As for this escrow argument, I firmly beleive when we guarantee the prize pool in our licensed venue and publish the rules, legally have a duty of care to our customers etc etc that argument doesn't hold water. As a player, I would personally have no problem abiding by the rules if the venue gte's the prize, but this in my personally opinion.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:08:47 PM by robyong » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »

Play it Out !

In the long run...The Better and most Ballsy Players will Win and they will deserve it !

Why Isnt that Fair ?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2012, 06:06:35 PM »

Fml . Whats with all the " let's flatten the payout" brigade. Rastafish beats 287 players and gets just shy of £90k, Rat Muscle beats 277 players and get £3.5k, that's life wp Rastafish ul gg Matt. Dtd has become so successful taking risks and aiming for the stars.  Please don't ever let flatten out the structure too drastically (although I agree with Tim that min cashes are pointless if they don't cover costs).

Also to those who think the prize money is theirs to do as they choose. Try getting your money back once the cards are in the air if you think it's yours.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »

Play it Out !

In the long run...The Better and most Ballsy Players will Win and they will deserve it !

Why Isnt that Fair ?

If that is "fair", why do almost all Tourneys end in business?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »

I don't know, but the facts suggest that far & away most Tourneys end in "business". Why do you think that is so?

Note, I'm really (personally) not fussed one iota what the decision is, honestly, I'm not. But we cannot ignore the historical facts. Nobody forces players to chop it up - but more often than not, they do.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:10:51 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »

Very good debate this, enjoying reading the feedback.

Just be be clear, I define a "deal" as when the players agree and negotiate the details for each of them of the prize pool distribution, when we had 'no deals except chip count' I didn't consider players were dealing, it was just 2 different fixed payout options the players remaining had to choose from.

We have emailed out every single club member this evening to have their say, either on the Facebook vote Or the blonde vote.

I agree the details of this policy are important, as I beleive it will be copied, therefore have implications in other venues, so I'm no knee jerking here, I'm really making sure we get every bit of feedback possible.

What I can and will commit to now, is that players will not be 'deal making' ie negotiating a flexible payout structure between eachother, at DTD from 1st march. I also wouldn't expect 3 mates on our 15 comp to play till 6am either, and then chop it up anyway, it all about the rules that we put in place which I will make a final decision on when I feel I have enough information. I'm very pleased with the response so far, on Facebook and blondepoker.

Trust me, every comment on here and Facebook is being printed off and read and filed, whatever the final details are on the new policy, everyone will have contributed, but ultiimatley, I have to make a clear decision with Simon and whatever we do, it looks like we are going 50% are going to disagree, but more will disagree if we keep things the same, from both votes, that is crystal clear, as PLAYERS DECIDE BETWEEN EACHOTHER is not very popular so far.

As for this escrow argument, I firmly beleive when we guarantee the prize pool in our licensed venue and publish the rules, legally have a duty of care to our customers etc etc that argument doesn't hold water. As a player, I would personally have no problem abiding by the rules if the venue gte's the prize, but this in my personally opinion.

Simon Trumper likes to walk round the house in high heels and a nighty Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »

Play it Out !

Why Isnt that Fair ?

There can be a lot of reasons why there is business done Tony...However this doesnt detract from the fact by playing the tournament to a natural conclusion...You get a fair & more "pure" result
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »

i voted, deal (players decide) its a good skill being able to gauge how much you can get from the oppos. Always been this way in Poker and i dont see why it should change. I mean you can leave 2k up top but no-one will really care for it, and obv changes the whole dynamic. Also peoples games would improve if there was a no deal policy, and the games are hard enough as it is Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

Play it Out !

Why Isnt that Fair ?

There can be a lot of reasons why there is business done Tony...However this doesnt detract from the fact by playing the tournament to a natural conclusion...You get a fair & more "pure" result

I could not agree with you more, Fraser. But you never answered my question, which was a serious one. Who are all these anonymous people that keep doing deals & chopping it up, & why? Answer that, & you have solved the problem.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: