blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 87 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner  (Read 237589 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »

Just had a look, and it seems as though they're changing the colour of these (again), and the red/blue ones are being reduced if you can find them in your size in stock.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »

Just had a look, and it seems as though they're changing the colour of these (again), and the red/blue ones are being reduced if you can find them in your size in stock.

Is that because they're not cool anymore now that you bought some? You just fecked up the image of it being a shoe for cool people who can run a sub 3.30 marathon after all

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »

Is that because they're not cool anymore now that you bought some? You just fecked up the image of it being a shoe for cool people who can run a sub 3.30 marathon after all

Sigh.  The ones that were used by Gebrselassie were actually bright yellow - not a colour I reckon I could have got away with...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »

Darny Pheyleaps

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: January 14, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »

Today was a warm-up of two miles (@ 8:49 pace) followed by 5 miles @ 8:00 (marathon target pace) followed by a slow mile or so at the end (@ 8:49). 

Was 10°C this morning at 7 o'clock.  What the hell happened to the winter?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

Today was a warm-up of two miles (@ 8:49 pace) followed by 5 miles @ 8:00 (marathon target pace) followed by a slow mile or so at the end (@ 8:49). 

Global warming innit

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:34 AM »

Global warming innit

Wink

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: January 14, 2011, 01:07:25 PM »

OK, I've decided I'm running for Cancer Research UK this time.  Please sponsor me, even if it's only a tenner.

http://www.runningsponsorme.org/kinboshi

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: January 14, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »

Go on, sponsor Boshi but give him an insentive to break a certain time..it's well worth the money if he fails spectacularly..trust me, the best money I have spent in ages.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »

Was meant to do my long-run yesterday morning, but gave my injured foot another day's rest and did it this morning instead.

15 miles @ 8:45 pace (marathon pace +45).  Ran round Colwick Country Park which a lovely place early in the morning with very few people around, just foxes, squirrels and birds that live on and around the lakes.  Nice and cold this morning too, which makes running easier even though my hands and nose might disagree.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2011, 09:56:50 AM »

Just rediscovered this boshi. All the best with your training. Will gladly sponsor you a few quid. Just  waiting for a new card then will sort.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »

Just rediscovered this boshi. All the best with your training. Will gladly sponsor you a few quid. Just  waiting for a new card then will sort.

It's not true what they say about you.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »

Wow, everyone on your sponsoring page is remarkably supportive.....surely they are all just taking the piss?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »

Wow, everyone on your sponsoring page is remarkably supportive.....surely they are all just taking the piss?

Yes, your message was particularly supportive Cheesy

As I was running today with only a few miles to go before I got home there's a bloody big hill to climb - and it's a killer.  It was taking all my strength to keep going, but all I needed to do was think about beating 3:45 and you having to double your pledge and I found the stamina to carry on Wink.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 87 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: