blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Grand National
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grand National  (Read 6020 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »

Looks like Paul Carberry could be injured after a fall today so that could be a big blow for Monbeg Dude as he takes a lot of work and knowing. Does anyone know if Zara Philips has an Amateur licence?

I'm on Burton Port along with a good few others after our very own racing guru BigAdz was singing its praises when the weights were announced and took a little each way on Big Shu paying 6 places.

What are we on guys, will be nice to sweat a few other people's bets when mine can't win.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:58:21 PM »

Guy on radio says paul should be fit

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »

ok, cheers Ironside.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

What you on Iron?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »

Very latest news on the jockeys: Fehily and Tinkler will have to pass the doctor in the morning, Carberry has been taken for X-rays to a suspected pelvis injury and Fogarty has been taken to hospital for 'further assessment'. We are told Carberry believes he will be fine to ride tomorrow - but let's not forget that Daryl Jacob thought the same despite his serious multiple injuries sustained at Cheltenham.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

I've not had a bet yet, Phil, & I'm not sure I will, Fred apart, I don't much enjoy betting on the National.

I thought teaforthree ran a nice quiet prep race@ Cheltenham, but his price looks way too tight for me.

I may just swerve the race. Fred has re-ignited my betting habits, but I've not reached the "I have to have a bet" stage. yet. Give me time, mind..... 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

yes Teaforthree looks strong, didn't look to quite get home last year to me but that might be a bit harsh. I wouldn't be amazed if summat else went off fav. I had a small  bet Long Run to go off fav at 5/1 but could have seen Monbeg Dude being fav given the royal connection if the jock is fit.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:46:02 PM by bobby1 » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

Have you ever attended the National Tony?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »

Apart from Adz scoop I've had a little tinkle on Prince De Beauchene, The Package and Balthazar King. Only small ones for interest. Will give the kids a few quid each as usual. Let's get them home safe and sound being the main thing.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »

yes Teaforthree looks strong, didn't look to quite get home last year to me but that might be a bit harsh. I wouldn't be amazed if summat else went off fav. I had a small  bet Long Run to go off fav at 5/1 but could have seen Monbeg Dude being fav given the royal connection if the jock is fit.

i think a couple of hours ago you could get 11/4 teaforthree not starting favourite

forget where, but thought that was a huge price

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 05:57:31 PM »

No, never. Can't be doing with crowds these days.

Been to Chelters scores of times for the GC, Epsom for the Derby, Longchamp on Arc Day, a Cup Final, a F1 GP, Wimbledon, most stuff really, but the Grand National has never, even in my degen betting days, floated any boats for me.

I had a huge bet on a lovely horse called Alverton to win the GN, think it was trained by one of the Easterby's, who was a bit of a cheat back in the day, & it started quite a short priced jolly. It fell & was killed instantly, & I've rarely had a bet or even watched the GN since then. 

I need to research when that was now. Bet it was in the 70's.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 05:58:48 PM »

No, never. Can't be doing with crowds these days.

Been to Chelters scores of times for the GC, Epsom for the Derby, Longchamp on Arc Day, a Cup Final, a F1 GP, Wimbledon, most stuff really, but the Grand National has never, even in my degen betting days, floated any boats for me.

I had a huge bet on a lovely horse called Alverton to win the GN, think it was trained by one of the Easterby's, who was a bit of a cheat back in the day, & it started quite a short priced jolly. It fell & was killed instantly, & I've rarely had a bet or even watched the GN since then. 

I need to research when that was now. Bet it was in the 70's.

1979. i had my pocket money on it

fell at bechers first time round. remember it vividly

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »

Burton Port and Big Shu for me too.  Keep looking at Long Run, so chances are that will be backed too.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »

Am yet to complete my whittling, but I'm likely going >20/1 only because:

1) It's a pinsticker race;
2) I'm a punter at heart, and above all
3) I want the back patting that comes with a tasty price winner

Prince de Beauchene
The Package
Pineau de Re
Swing Bill

That's the current shortlist...

I drew Vesper Bell in the office sweepstake, so I'd better have a couple of pound each way

Expensive business

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »

Burton Port and Big Shu for me too.  Keep looking at Long Run, so chances are that will be backed too.  

This, and got the 25s on Tidal and Long Run a few times the day Laddies were generous.

Also on Rainbow Hunter and Across the Bay. 6 horses FTW!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: