blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272687 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BLACKPOOL MAIN EVENT - BLONDE LIVE UPDATES
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLACKPOOL MAIN EVENT - BLONDE LIVE UPDATES  (Read 36466 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »

blonde will be doing a full Live Update from the Main Event at Blackpool which starts at 6pm tonight. The event is sold out, 140 runners.

We have a good team on hand to assist - Mrs Doc - the lovely Claire - is on Keyboards to begin with, & I am hoping Colchester Kev is going to assist with "spotting", & answering viewers "how is so & so getting on" type questions. Then, as & when tikay & - wait for it - IRONSIDE! - exit the comp, extra help will be available. Though Ironside was telling all & sundry last night that he is going to win the comp - good luck to him! I am not sure if Maid Marion is coming along, I know she was hoping too, (and so were we!) but if she does, all the better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 12:49:34 PM »

Just a quick "Hi" to our latest blondeite, Mr Luca Pagano.

Welcome Luca!

Have you ever been to Italy before?.......

By the way, your interview for Poker 425 came out very well, & is on every night up to next Tuesday at 11pm UK time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
maid marion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 01:04:27 PM »

Morning Tikay! You are such a charmer  Wink

Would love to have been able to help out but not possible this weekend. If you are in Paris then I'll see you there, as Nick is playing from Thursday.

Good luck Nick G, Trevor, Iwan, Tikay & all the blondites!

Looking forward to some top updates mrs doc

LOL

Anna xx   Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 01:07:17 PM »

Tonight's confirmed runners in Blackpool include...

Isabelle Mercier who became a blondeite yesterday - "Isabelle" - welcome to Blackpool Isabelle!

Other blondeites playing include Carlo Citrone, Simon Trumper, Gareth The Nugget Jones, Luke Smith (Doc12345), William Hill's Julian Yoyo Thew, Smokin Steve Vladar & Xuyen Bad Girl Pham, James Browning, Notts All-Stars Rob Yong, Nik Whiten Malcolm Muskett, & Barry Neville, Ian Not At It So Much These Days Bradley, Dave At It More Than Ever Riverdave Penly, Luicky Jim Moult (Bookiebasher), Nottingham Nick (he's not from Nottingham), James Browning, Howard Plant, Andy Gomm, Steve Jelinek, Ironside, Trevor Reardon, Stuart Fox, and J P Kelly.

Not forgetting several memners of the vanquished Blackpool No-stars, Simon Nowab, Burnley John, Russ "Ariston" He Talks for England Cawley, & Womble.

Ali Mallu (who is, according to El Blondie, Britain's most under-rated player), Lawrence Gosney, Ash Pervaiz, the in-form Micky Wernick, Buddha, Iwan Jones, & Steve Bovis.

We will try & mention as many others as we see before the comp begins.

So if you want to follow the progress of your fave player, just post it on here, & we will keep tabs for you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 01:14:37 PM by tikay » Logged

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 01:39:04 PM »

Wish pete the bandit and the rest of the lads from Walsall good luck, please Tikay. you too pal.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 01:52:49 PM »

Thanks Craig. I forgot to include in the list of runners Peter The Bandit. I sat next to him in yesterday's Omaha - he's tremendous fun to have on the table!

I don't think I have ever seen so many Walsall players at an away Festival, there are loads of them!

I hope you will tune in tonight, & get involved, the whole blonde Live Update jobbie is based on interaction with you guys that cant always get to the Festivals.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 02:10:25 PM »

1 more thing Tikay, keep Pete away from the bar when he goes deep

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »

Any result for the PLO last nght?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 05:27:47 PM »

Hi Simon,

Will get the Omaha result shortly - but I am told it was an 11 way (that's not a typo, ELEVEN WAY) chop. They simply run out of time. But it was NOT, in the accepted sense, a "deal", just a chip count.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 05:29:22 PM »

And here's a shocker, bad news I am afraid.

LUCY ROKACH is here........

And I gather she has heard that I described her as "an animal" on Poker 425. Oops.......Meant as a compliment Lucy, honest.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 05:38:36 PM »

More names & faces spotted.......

Bambos, Alan Vinson, George Geary & his brother, Phil Peters & the charming Mrs Peters, and Betfair's Willie Tann.

Red Dog, sporting his World of Poker.tv apparel, & they also have Luke Smith (Doc12345) in a branded shirt.

Garry Bush, Jac Arama rumoured to be on his way, Greek Jack.

Tim Flanders, & his wife Phillipa. Phillipa, who won her seat - top stuff - is very much a new look "slim line" lady these days, having been on a crash diet & lost over 23 stone. I think she said 23 stone. Anyway, she looks a picture.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 05:43:05 PM »

Big Os Mustanoglu, Ian McDonald & Malcolm Muskett from Notts, Barry Neville, Steve Jelinek, Iwan Jones & Stuart Nash.

MrsDoc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 06:09:05 PM »

Mrs Doc here, bringing you all the live updates as they happen....   Grin

Yogi Bear has just informed me the event was a sell out of 140 seats , however we only have 139 players in the field - we do have a one no show !!  Undecided

All players are starting with a total of 10k chips, and the game kicked off at 6.03pm.

Good luck to all players.
MrsDoc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »

We have a bottle of champagne for the first player to leave the field .... wish i was playing now !! hehe...

The player who was a no show and just walked in the door 5 minutes later, was Simon 'Aces' Trumper. As all players have to be seated on the first deal, Simon is now unable to play.
MrsDoc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 06:24:44 PM »

As a bit of a joke, Bluesq Jonathon Raab asked if he could play the event, pulling seat L3 from the pile.... this went back into the pile as he's not allowed to play stating that who ever draws this seat will be the winner ...... who else could then draw this seat but the one and only TIKAY !!    Lets see if Jonathons theory works Grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 10:19:50 PM by MrsDoc » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: