blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272894 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dr Who is cooler than Jack Bauer..... OFFICIAL!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Who is cooler than Jack Bauer..... OFFICIAL!  (Read 1972 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »

weller has to be the coolest guy around for my money
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 01:42:37 PM »

The Doctor might be ok, but his new side kick is terrible.  I can't stand Catherine Tate, why get her as his companion?   It is the worst casting ever, she was awful in the Christmas special.  His current companion (Freema Agyeman ) is not irritating and she is nice to look at, Tate is the complete opposite.  I won't be watching it next series.   Kylie will be ok at Christmas  Smiley

I am a Doctor Who dweeb,  I am watching the box set right now resting my back on the couch .  It progressively gets worse each series and now it has descended into complete crap .

Not sure if you are up to date sark but the last 4 or 5 episodes of the current series were excellent with some really inventive story lines and a nice thread of continuity tying everything together.

I was dubious of John Sim playing the master....the master is supposed to be ancient and look like a moustachioued villain.

The clean shaven Sim, who usually impresses to be fair, was suprisingly good though, and brought humour and verve to the role.

The ending of the series was a bit mawkish but overall it's been impressive.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »

As if anyone is cooler than the Fonz!

I ask you!
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »

Not sure if you are up to date sark but the last 4 or 5 episodes of the current series were excellent with some really inventive story lines and a nice thread of continuity tying everything together.

I was dubious of John Sim playing the master....the master is supposed to be ancient and look like a moustachioued villain.

The clean shaven Sim, who usually impresses to be fair, was suprisingly good though, and brought humour and verve to the role.

The ending of the series was a bit mawkish but overall it's been impressive.

The Family of Blood two-parter was excellent, and Blink was as good a piece of TV as there has been on any channel so far this year. These were the high points for me in a series that has been generally very good.

However, Utopia dropped off from those high points and I'm afraid the last two parts were a further drop. Davies just doesn't write as well as some of the other writers.

As for Ms Tate - total joke of a decision. She was appallingly bad in the Christmas special, which of course may not have been her fault, but it's worrying that Davies thinks she was outstanding. It doesn't bode well for the writing for the next series.

Cheers

Ken
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 06:52:07 PM »

I think David Tennant is good as the Doctor, to begin with I thought he was an over actor, but now he is a great Doctor.  Catherin Tate can't act and is seriously unfunny.   The last few episodes were good I admit
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: