blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:33:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273058 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tourney - Extracting Value
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tourney - Extracting Value  (Read 828 times)
Benny Brox

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »

Hi folks, game is:

Full Tilt Poker $2,000 KO Guarantee Bounty - Blinds - 30/60 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - $24+$2 entry and $4 goes on your head, 180 runners about 120 left.

Button: Benney Wong (6,440) - US
BB: RobbingUreChips (7,774) - OPPONENT

UTG calls followed by 2 other limpers, we look down at [ ] - We also limp in position where most may fold. SB & BB check.

Flop - [ ] - BINGO

SB checks, BB bets 180 - half the pot - everyone else folds, round to us - QUESTION 1 - Do we call or raise and how much? In this case we call.

Turn - [] leaving a board of [ ] []

BB checks - QUESTION 2 - I think most would agree that we bet, but how much and what does our opponent hold? In this case we bet half the pot - 360. BB flat calls. Pot is now 1440

River - [] leaving a board of [ ] []

BB again checks - QUESTION 3 - How much do we bet? In this case it was half the pot 700. BB now raises to 3,540? LAST QUESTION - Call, Fold or Push? We have 5140 left, there is 5680 in the pot.

Villain, against another opponent called decent bets down to the river with a flopped set vs flopped flush and hit the FH on the river. He got trashed for that from his opponent but since that hand he does actually seem to know what he is doing. I'm not sure of his perception of me, I initially was raising a fair bit with decent hands in position but had to slow down when I got around 4 callers each time. Managed to double up early with AAKx suited against KKxx.

Your comments would be welcome.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:10:36 AM »

1. I'd definitely raise on the flop.  Whilst you have the current nuts, it's still possible to be beaten, although unlikely, but I've lost so many times checking here, I never not bet the nuts on the flop any more unless it's quads/st flush etc.

2. I'd bet the pot.  The small bet on the flop may have been bet for the flush which they've now hit, let them pay you out properly.

3. Call.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »

1. I'd definitely raise on the flop.  Whilst you have the current nuts, it's still possible to be beaten, although unlikely, but I've lost so many times checking here, I never not bet the nuts on the flop any more unless it's quads/st flush etc.

2. I'd bet the pot.  The small bet on the flop may have been bet for the flush which they've now hit, let them pay you out properly.

3. Call.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
reenot
TEAM UNKNOWNS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »

I probably would have folded preflop but as we see a flop I pot his raise on the flop, just calling he probably puts you on the FD and housed up himself on the turn. As you said he has played like he knows what he is doing I would have checked the river as you now only have 3rd nuts, because of this I think you must fold to the RR as you are only on 30/60 level and have 5140 back.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: