blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Standard?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standard?  (Read 809 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 01:02:35 AM »

I want to know if I overplayed my hand given the blinds & position, advice & critical assessment appreciated.

Playing live this evening in a £35 buy in tourney.

Average stack is 16,000  blinds are 400 / 800

28 people left in.

We are in late position when middle position moves all in for 9000, now this player has moved in once per orbit for the last 4 rounds, all night they have been fairly tight aggressive but given his stack he has been in push fold mode.

Folds round to us with AQ o/s and a 21,000 stack

with 3 left to play whats our move? only 1 of the 3 left to play has a bigger stack than ours at 28,000

Reraise all in to isolate, pass or flat call?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:27:29 AM »

Really depends on guys to our left. Do they have a clue how to play? Id normally isolate with your stack, with 40k i prolly flat as it takes a huge hand to repop us now and the risk rward relationship is more skewed. Remember we are looking to win this caboosh, so gamble, ship in AQ and get Jacks to fold so you can be 70/30 v AX!!!!!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:39 AM »

Really depends on guys to our left. Do they have a clue how to play? Id normally isolate with your stack, with 40k i prolly flat as it takes a huge hand to repop us now and the risk rward relationship is more skewed. Remember we are looking to win this caboosh, so gamble, ship in AQ and get Jacks to fold so you can be 70/30 v AX!!!!!!

Agreed..I isolate here.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »

Plenty of respect for the players on my left, they all have a clue.

I was pretty sure a jam to isolate was the right play, I just needed some assurance i was not being a total donkey!

Figures a reraise by the next guy with AK put me in my place ( on my arse out of the tourney ! )

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: