blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272905 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  FULLTILTPOKER.COM POKER MILLION VIII NOW WITH SPOILERS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FULLTILTPOKER.COM POKER MILLION VIII NOW WITH SPOILERS  (Read 1928 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »

FULLTILTPOKER.COM POKER MILLION VIII OFF WITH A BANG TOMORROW

The first six heats of the FullTiltPoker.com Poker Million VIII take place on July 15-17 at Sky Sports studios – with some massive names in action and live reporting available on www.MatchroomPoker.com.

The first two heats on Wednesday feature WSOPE bracelet winner Annette Obrestad, Women’s World Open II champion Soroya Homam and “Crazy Horse” Ram Vaswani in the opening heat with online sensation Luke “FullFlush1” Schwartz, the mouth from Down Under Tony G and inaugural Poker Million winner John Duthie taking part in heat two.

Day two sees Hendon Mob man Ross Boatman, Richard “Chufty” Ashby and former finalists Mel Judah (2006) and Tony Bloom (2000/2003) in heat three, followed by European Open V winner Roberto Romanello, 2007 WSOP final tablist Lee Watkinson and The Gentleman Liam Flood in heat four.

The final heats on Friday include 2007 champion Joe Beevers, WSOP bracelet winner Roland De Wolfe, Nam Le and John Tabatabai in heat five, with heat six featuring Chino Rheem, James Akenhead and Juha Helppi. The last action of this first round of heats is on Friday afternoon, where following the sixth heat, the six runners up from this week will get a second chance to make the semi-finals in a Turbo Heat.

The winners of the first six heats take each other on in the first semi-final on October 9, with the second semi-final made up of the winners of the second set of six heats, taking place on October 6-8 at Sky Sports studios, and the final televised live in December.

Eddie Hearn, Managing Director of Matchroom Sport commented: “This year’s Poker Million boasts an electric line up and an eclectic mix of the games great players and personalities. There isn’t one heat that doesn’t make the mouth water and TV viewers around the world are in for a real treat when the broadcast gets underway later this year.”

Heat One – July 15

Ram Vaswani, Mike McDonald, Julian Gardner, Annette Obrestad, Soraya Homam, Full Tilt Poker qualifier

Heat Two – July 15

Bill Edler, Mark Vos, Luke Schwartz, Tony G, John Duthie, Matthew Denmark (Full Tilt Poker Qualifier)

Heat Three – July 16

Ross Boatman, Ali Sarkeshik, Richard Ashby, Mel Judah, Tony Bloom, Full Tilt Poker qualifier

Heat Four – July 16

Roberto Romanello, Lee Watkinson, Marco Traniello, Paul Zimbler, Liam Flood, Adam Carey (Full Tilt Poker qualifier)

Heat Five – July 17

Joe Beevers, Joao Barbosa, Roland De Wolfe, Nam Le, John Tabatabai, Full Tilt Poker qualifier

Heat Six – July 17

Gavin Smith, Andy Bloch, James Akenhead, Chino Rheem, Juha Helppi, Full Tilt Poker qualifier

First Turbo Heat – July 17

Heats seven – twelve October 6-8

Second Turbo Heat – October 8

Semi-finals – October 9

Final – live in December
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 12:01:46 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »

Heat Six – July 17

Gavin Smith, Andy Bloch, James Akenhead, Chino Rheem, Juha Helppi, Full Tilt Poker qualifier.

Hopefully James won't be making this !!

Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »

Heat Six – July 17

Gavin Smith, Andy Bloch, James Akenhead, Chino Rheem, Juha Helppi, Full Tilt Poker qualifier.

+1
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 01:53:04 AM »

Heat Six – July 17

+1

+2

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »

james akenhead's diary

July

WSOP ME 8 days straight - qualify for FT
1 day travelling
Win Poker Million heat

October

Qualify for Poker Million FT

November

Win WSOP ME FT

December

Win Poker Million FT (still hungover from november)

standard
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 05:03:53 PM »

anyone know if anyone is taking bets on this?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:17 PM »

Please note, do not read on if you don't want to know the result

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »

_FullFlush1_ beats John Duthie and Tony G to make Poker Million Semi Final

Boylepoker.com sponsored Luke _FullFlush1_ topped his tricky heat to progress to October’s semi final of the Poker Million VIII

Dublin, Ireland: July 16, 2009 – Controversial young British pro Luke _FullFlush1_Shcwartz yesterday beat out John Duthie, Tony G, Bill Edler, Mark Vos, and Mark Denmark to move into the semi finals of the Poker Million VIII in October.

Last year the event was won by Boylepoker.com sponsored pro Marty Smyth and Schwartz, wearing the Boylepoker.com ‘lucky logo’ will now hope to push on and make as big an impact on the live game as he had in his relatively brief online career.

Vos was first out, taken down by Duthie. He was soon followed by Edler who was eliminated by Tony G. Online qualifier Denmark was busted by Schawrtz in fourth, as was Tony G who went out in third.

Heads up, Duthie held 360,000 and Schwartz held 240,000 and after about 30 minutes play Duthie found himself all in with a diamond flush on the river only to be beaten by a higher flush.

The action in the other heats continues today at www.matchroompoker.com.

Schwartz, who has made significant waves in online poker since his arrival on the scene, recently appeared on The Poker Show, which can be heard at http://www.boylesports.com/sections/poker/d.asp?show=ThePokerShow_Archives .

The night before _FullFulsh1_’s appearance, Internet legend Durrrr called the show to discuss trips to Mexico with Phil Ivey, bracelet betting, _FullFlush1_, and a new million dollar challenge exclusive.

The following night, his sometime nemesis _FullFlush1_ called in to discuss tilting Durrrr, being better than Phil Ivey, and how he doesn’t get enough respect. 

Later in the evening an angry _FullFlush1_ phoned back to defend his reputation and threatened to send everyone broke!

The Poker Show guest list reads like a who’s who of poker with Neil Channing, Daniel Negreanu, Vicky Coren, Andrew Feldman, Dan Harrington, Phil Hellmuth, Mike Sexton, Phil Laak, Liam Flood, ‘Mad’ Marty Wilson, Kara Scott, Donnacha O’Dea, Barny Boatman, and John Duthie.

My eyes are open wide
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »

Heads up, Duthie held 360,000 and Schwartz held 240,000 and after about 30 minutes play Duthie found himself all in with a diamond flush on the river only to be beaten by a higher flush.

Sounds like the Moon vs Kopp hand that set up Darvin Moon nicely for Nov...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: