blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  WSOP Main Event Hand That Still Bothers Me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Main Event Hand That Still Bothers Me.  (Read 7145 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 12:44:48 AM »

Should have raided the official WSOP shop beforehand, so you are now head to toe in official WSOP attire. Possibly rounded off with a ridic hat, that you hope might get on the opening credits of ESPN's coverage.

that reminds me longy, this is the hand we discussed on friday night and I believe that you're now sitting in the bar with flushy and trigg having been stacked

Yeah it is strange that I didn't want to fold kk, 12 hours into a drinking sesh. I tend to loosen up a bit after a few!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 01:07:30 AM »

Just posting so I can tell people I posted on the same thread as The Mfkin Camel.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:09 AM »

so...

In the only tournament where anyone half decent would fold KK preflop (ok, not quite true) you got dealt AA, had already pre-decided to play it the way an uber-awful player would play it, acted like a uber-awful player at the same time to make it look more like AA, and got your opponent to open fold KK, taking the minimum possible.

I really respect your game keith, but not sure I understand the reasoning behind this one. Surely to anyone without any pre-knowledge of your game it is a relatively simple sigh-fold everytime?

I don't understand why you would want to play your AA any differently in the main event than you would in any other tournament. People preflop stacking off ranges are obv tighter so that should make you less inclined to play the AA super fast because people are considering folding KK pre to 4bets.

I'd be pretty soulcrushed to get dealt AA vs KK vs TT in the main and win like....6bbs

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »

hmmmmm, surely flat and check jam any non-k flop is gonna make more? i know its the main and survival is much more important but this just seems mental. also kingofcards is one of the best nl players on the planet, pretty huge compliment.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »

Just posting so I can tell people I posted on the same thread as The Mfkin Camel.

+1

Nearly said hello to him on Saturday then I bottled it again: too starstuck obv. 
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »

i think the main flaw in the plan was not recognising his worldwide status as the mfkin camel

LOLZ.

I was playing in the $10k heads up at the WSOP.

My opponent in the first round was Tom "KingofCards" Marchese.

There were 256 games in the first round and we were one of the last three still going on after nearly 3 hours.

Someone walked past the table and said "C'mon Camel, finish him off"

he looked a bit shocked and asked, "Are you the Camel on Pokerstars?"

I shrugged and said "Yeah"

He looked at his mate who was railing him and said "how fcking bad do I run? I think I've drawn some random old guy and actually I am playing the fcking Camel".

He won of course.

Pretty massive compliment. Marchese is abs sick

sick brag.

My sickest brag was definitely at last years WSOPE.

Teddy Sheringham came up to me and asked "Are you The Camel?"

I nodded and he said "pleased to meet you, my name is Teddy"

As if any bloke of my age didn't know who he was!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: