blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Oh Shit Again!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh Shit Again!  (Read 976 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »

I'm scared 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/preachers-prophesying-end-world-york-000338169.html
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »

Read about this the other day. There are loads, Dec 31st 2012 is another day to hold your breath for...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

I wonder how all these guys feel when they wake up the day after, i remember one led to a mass suicide at stone henge or something. mugs.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

Read about this the other day. There are loads, Dec 31st 2012 is another day to hold your breath for...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

I wonder how all these guys feel when they wake up the day after, i remember one led to a mass suicide at stone henge or something. mugs.

it's december 21st.  i know this coz it's the day before my birthday and i've already put plans in place to get ratarsed 2 days early.  if by some shocker the end of the world doesn't happen, i'll do it again by way of double celebration.  win/win.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »

it's december 21st.  i know this coz it's the day before my birthday and i've already put plans in place to get ratarsed 2 days early.  if by some shocker the end of the world doesn't happen, i'll do it again by way of double celebration.  win/win.

Sigh, i should probably read the link myself before posting. Yea 21st it is. Gutted now. At least with the 31st we get to see out xmas day.

Any reason to celebrate twice is ftw.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »

It's ok though. If you are worried you'll get sent up to heaven, you can have an atheist look after your cat.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/17/judgment_day/

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

gg all. We had a good run

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 03:15:50 PM »

how does 7 x 1000 = 7001?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »

On a long enough timeline one of these dudes is going to be correct eventually.  How smug are they going to be?  (albeit fairly briefly).
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »

how does 7 x 1000 = 7001?

I presume we're talking about their year calc, in which case, no year zero, 1BC to 1AD with no 0 between. So 5000BC + 7000 years = 2001AD, etc

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: