blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 12:52:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273296 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO spot I'm not too comfortable with
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO spot I'm not too comfortable with  (Read 1775 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »

We're playing 5 handed 1/2.

No reads. Effective stacks are all 100bbs.

I open cutoff to 6 with  , button folds, SB makes it 20. BB calls the 20.

I guess here I could 4b but I was readless and elected to flat IP and see a flop.

61 in the pot and the flop is  Two Diamonds .

SB bets 42, BB folds.

Our options are call/fold/raise obv, except I don't like any of them much!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »

jam and unless the SB is a huge nit I don't think its close, expect it to get folded back to you a lot imo

Leedszilla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »

jam and unless the SB is a huge nit I don't think its close, expect it to get folded back to you a lot imo

I agree, I think occasionally he'll snap and show you AA, but I think most of the time you're just up against AK, and there's a good chance AK passes.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »

I agree, I think occasionally he'll snap and show you AA, but I think most of the time you're just up against AK, and there's a good chance AK passes.

I dont AK is ever folding imo, if he's decent/kinda aggro+ he'll be 3betting a lot of decent rundowns (which admitedly we block a chunk of) and dbl paired hands, regardless though this is a board he will Cbet as the 3better pretty much always so providing he is 3betting a decent non AA** range (which is truer from the blinds than anywhere else because not 100% of AA**'s 3bet) then that in itself gives us a decent chunk of fold equity in itself.

obv a high % of the time when we get it in we get it in badly, KK w diamonds or AKJ4 or something is about as good as it gets, but folding just isnt an option and peeling lets him play better than us OTT, dont see any need to have a peeling range on this flop in this spot given the stacks

I genuinely dont know if i prefer a 4bet or not, I guess readless flatting IP is maybe best, spose it would depend if im losing or not lol

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »

Readless I'd 4b pre. I'd be more likely to flat if the bb folded but I'd still 4b some % readless. On the flop if he doesn't b/f flush draws and Axxx combos then I think calling with your range is generally better here. I think our hand looks almost exclusively draws and we get him to (semi)bluff shove turned equity that we dominate (say 8x if he has QJT8) and we can bluff diamonds so he might hero fold AAxx/AKxx.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:10 AM »

Regardless I'd 4b pre.

+1

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »

LOL reading this made me realise I'm a PLO nit  Cheesy
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »

Woodrow, it's definitely close imo.

I actually folded which I immediately regretted but I certainly don't feel too bad about it. Whilst I think we sometimes run into a straight or AA we also run into air (repping AA), rundowns with diamonds that have 3 bet pre and hands like KK with diamonds.

@GreekStein on twitter.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »

perfectly fine with getting some/all of the dimes in pre with a 4b. think it's std in a short handed game. on the other hand, we have the button, so flatting and playing a pot where we can strawberry jam it on flops like this is also fine.

I'm not folding the one pr nuts on this board, like ever. I think you often just get folds as it's a board that SB must cbet 1000% of the time.
TheFallen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

I dont tend to be nitting it up in pots like this but i don't mind how you played it either pre or on the flop.

From my experience in these games, there is like a 2% chance someone c-bets for this amount and then folds to a jam. The nut situation would be seeing AQxx but that's going to be rare and most of the time you'll probably find yourself either slightly ahead of pair+diamons; crushed by big draws/AA or being freerolled. Without being bothered to run the ranges, my guess would be there is probably little in it either way between jam and fold.  I wouldn't fold but dont think its bad
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:14:01 PM by TheFallen » Logged

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »

there is like a 2% chance someone c-bets for this amount and then folds to a jam.

norrrr, surely you dont think that

on reflection i agree with rob that call, call IS marginally better, assuming the top of his range is stacking/splitting with us anyways even if >5% of the time he stacks off with a hand that we dominate thats folding to a jam then the play has a small amount of additional merit to jamming, it also from a "range" theory might allow us to take this line with a FD/GS and be able to get a semi-bluff through on the turn sometimes.

if the turn is a blue card and he jams then I think we can fold pretty happily as I can't see him/anyone with a brain bluffing there ever

I think this would be a pretty big equity mistake to fold unless you have a super nitty read on him which you dont, folding not an option imo

Pokerversity

Trying, mostly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

For me, it is a definite call and look at the texture of the board on the turn.

I would look closely to his reaction to the call, and body language as the turn falls, and then his betting amount and style. Putting these together with the actual card (blue or otherwise, paint or otherwise etc) I would then decide to raise call or fold the turn.

Pokerversity
The home of university poker
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »

For me, it is a definite call and look at the texture of the board on the turn.

I would look closely to his reaction to the call, and body language as the turn falls, and then his betting amount and style. Putting these together with the actual card (blue or otherwise, paint or otherwise etc) I would then decide to raise call or fold the turn.

I think this was a hand of internet poker

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 04:17:15 AM »

lol yeh was online.

what do you mean his betting 'style'?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: