blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:18:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272771 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Chess computers/bots
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chess computers/bots  (Read 1000 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »

One of my mates thinks he's the bomb at chess and wants to play me (I'm shit at it obv).

Anyone know some sort of simulator that I can use to cheat with and beat him? ie if I put his move in it tells me what to do lol.

Just want to put the gobby twat in his place  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:02:25 PM by Woodsey » Logged
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »

nut line is obviously:

download simulator like this:

http://shredder-classic.stefan-meyer-kahlen.qarchive.org/

put difficulty to extreeeeeeeem.

let him go first.

enter his move as 'yours' vs sim.

reply as sim.

win all the dimes.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »

just realised that one isn't free, but sure you can find one that is on the internets.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

How are you going to play against him?  Over a period of time, playing a move a day sort of thing?  If you are, use the blonde hive-mind to play against him - as there are a few decent chess players on here and we can discuss each move and tell you what move to make each time.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

How are you going to play against him?  Over a period of time, playing a move a day sort of thing?  If you are, use the blonde hive-mind to play against him - as there are a few decent chess players on here and we can discuss each move and tell you what move to make each time.

Dunno, but surely a chess computer knows more than even the best 'blonde minds'?  Grin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »

Dunno, but surely a chess computer knows more than even the best 'blonde minds'?  Grin

Yes, the best chess computers would be stronger, but it'd be less fun.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

Will see what he wants to do, he reckons he studies the game a lot, think he'd be gutted if he lost to 'me'   Cheesy
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »

Will see what he wants to do, he reckons he studies the game a lot, think he'd be gutted if he lost to 'me'   Cheesy

Probably! 

If you are playing a 'correspondence' sort of game, there's nothing stopping him using other 'resources' as well though.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 02:15:39 AM »

[ ] thin

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
curnow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »

download a copy of fritz , any version will do as even the first ones will beat everyone apart from a chess master

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/fritz-chess.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: