blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Ruling Plz (You don't frighten us, English pig dogs.Go and boil your bottoms...)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruling Plz (You don't frighten us, English pig dogs.Go and boil your bottoms...)  (Read 2689 times)
jjandellis
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »

Recent tourney, 40 quid with a 20 quid add on.

At the table are 3 Frenchman. Blatant collusion is ongoing. At one point, Frenchy1 raises the button 2.5 and Frenchy2 (who has an M of 7) snap folds 88 face up. Other transgressions take place and, as patience wears thin and players protest, the dealer gives a warning to Frenchy3 (and the others) that they cannot speak about the hand, during the hand - and most definitely not in French!

Nearing the FT Dealer changes with no handover given about the issue with the Frenchys (of which there are now only 2).

Frenchy1 calls in the c/o. I have AT and call in the SB (kicked myself as I did so, considering the issue). Frenchy 3 checks the BB.

Flop comes 268r.

I check. Frenchy 3, says one word (in French) to Frenchy 1 and bets in a manner I have observed previously that dictates he is strong. Frenchy 1 mucks quickly.

I know Frenchy1 is strong(ish, as he's a complete fish). He's overbet the pot and I'm 90% certain I'm gonna pass, but decide to make a stand on the issue. Not to angleshoot, but to get the whole thing put to bed and help the table in general.

The dealer is ignorant to previous history; so I call the TD for a ruling. We give him cliffs on previous issues.

What should be the ruling?
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:24:25 PM »

Hes been warned by the TD previously?

If so, hands dead and warned that further ignorance of the ruling will result in a penalty away from the table and further, disqualification
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »

Get TD to have a look at the hands and it's up to him where to go from there.

Blue text
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »

what was the word?  (best guestimate will do).
JK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:38 AM »

If he hasnt been warned already by TD then a warning that if it happens again then the above will happen, from the TD himself
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:36 AM »

If I were the TD then I would line up every play that has been against them and let the players personal bitch slap the 3 french guys. Maybe best I am not aye?

But joking,ahem, aside...... For dealers and TDs to make rulings for language spoken can be difficult. Yes it states in most club rules that its English only at tables you also have to deal with the racial argument that could follow from making a ruling based on it at the time of the situation. But their hands should have been announced dead and a warning from the TD given. The first dealer should have informed the next dealer but also the TD of the situation right away. I'm a dealer myself and im quite lucky in fact I can understand some languages. Not fluently but enough to know what is being spoken about.

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

No limit hold'em is a game of incomplete information where players must use all available information to make the best possible decision. - Russell Bowman
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »

all three should be shot.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:31:03 AM »

The first dealer is at fault too imo. When you're trained, you're taught that ANYTHING happens, you call the floor. Dealer 1 should have done so and then the TD could have dealt with it properly
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

Woah! Little extreme! Lets be fair, they are French, they were never winning that comp anyway. 

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

No limit hold'em is a game of incomplete information where players must use all available information to make the best possible decision. - Russell Bowman
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »

Woah! Little extreme! Lets be fair, they are French, they were never winning that comp anyway. 
ok shoot them in the leg ......better?

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »

ok shoot them in the leg ......better?

After much thought, yes thats better. We had best keep this little conversation away from DTDs dealer, Julie, though Wink

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

Send them back to France first, don't want our NHS money and DLA spent on them

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

Send them back to France first, don't want our NHS money and DLA spent on them

www.ageuk.org.uk/

leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »

www.ageuk.org.uk/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: