blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Excel Guru, Help needed!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excel Guru, Help needed!  (Read 1138 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »

I have done a normal dupe check but I need to narrow it down further, I thought it was possible to check for duplicates on the say the first 5 figures from the Left and the first 5 figures from the right etc. Anyone know if this is possible/how to do it.

I have tried many variations of stuff like:

=countif('File 1 Sent'!$A$1:$A$3045,'Match 3'!LEFT(F2,5))

Where 'File 1 Sent' is 1 sheet, 'Match 3' is another sheet, F2 is the cell I need to check with the first 5 figures from the left from the range of A1-A3045

Any clues?  

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »

Are you allowed an extra column.

Insta works if you make a column to show the 5 digits seperately then countif them against each other.
No idea why but it doesnt seem to work if you use the LEFT function on a range of cells in the COUNTIF formula

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »

Yea, thats similar to what I ended up doing, merging all the data into the one sheet and just adding a new column which I will delete once I've finished all the matching.

Used this formula which is pretty handy as i can just delete and change the number of characters until I am happy. =IF(LEFT(L1,8)=LEFT(L2,8),"Match","No Match")

I think the left function doesn't like the countif when it is across seperate sheets but not sure? I msgd Mere to see if he knows anything.

Will give your suggestion a go on the next lot as I think it might be a bit faster. Cheers.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

Is your baby nearly here. Pretty sure you must have other concerns right now Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Is your baby nearly here. Pretty sure you must have other concerns right now Smiley

Lolol, i still have a job to do, they don't just say put your feet up as your baby is nearly here..

Yea, now officially overdue, they let you go upto 2 weeks. It's ace as the missus wants a curry nearly every night!  Cheesy

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »

Lolol, i still have a job to do, they don't just say put your feet up as your baby is nearly here..

Yea, now officially overdue, they let you go upto 2 weeks. It's ace as the missus wants a curry nearly every night!  Cheesy
Best of luck mate

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

Is that a euphemism? You do know the other way you can bring labour on, right? Or has she not told you about that one? Cheesy

Good luck with it! Just celebrated 10th and 9th birthday of my 2 boys. Won't tell labour stories, but the first one was NOT pretty.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: