blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  'Stars $20k PLO spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Stars $20k PLO spot  (Read 1645 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »

Playing the 'stars $50+5 $20k PLO tourney this afternoon.

~600 started and the bubble burst a short while ago after the inevitable time-bank stalling and seemingly never-ending h4h period. (It's been a while since I last played online regularly)

I moved tables not long ago and have only played for a couple of orbits on this one so don't have too much info on any players really.

There are c60 players remaining and blinds are 500/1000.

We have 16k, av is 25k .

UTG(15k) who has been fairly active in the short time that I have been at the table opens with a min-raise and UTG+3 3bets to 6k with 6k behind.

We have QQJ8 sshh.

Our best option is...?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:52:19 AM »

Think its a fold, theyll be better spots
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:16:01 AM »

Fold.
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »

Thought this was going to be a 100/200 hand :/ Fold quickly. With your stack you want to be looking for spots with fold equity or where you have a big overlay/can get isolated type of spots.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »

Thought this was going to be a 100/200 hand :/

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:44:20 AM »

With your stack you want to be looking for spots with fold equity or where you have a big overlay/can get isolated type of spots.

This ^^^

You have the right hand, just the wrong spot.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I suspected that I was starting to get a bit impatient, I think it was that long bubble period that pushed me into "gamble to get a decent stack" or "open the bottle of wine" mode.

Ended up against AAxxr and AKQJs which I figured was about as bad as I could possibly expect but the raggedy hh flop gave me hope with the sole FD until it ran out dd to treble up the rundown hand and ship the side-pot to the bare naked AA.

I got stuck in to the wine.....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:33:21 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:02 AM »

"gamble to get a decent stack"

This isn't really a required mentality in PLO tournaments, the structure is much slower generally because there are no antes, so you are under no really pressure to accumulate chips even with 12-15 big blinds you have plenty of time to wait and select good spots. In NLHE comps, whereas it isn't EV optimal "gambling" to get a stack has a lot more merit, because you can use a big stack to accumulate chips far easier in a NLHE tourney than a PLO tourney.

"open the bottle of wine" mode.

This however is a abso fine mentality imo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »

Good to see you yesterday Ralph.

I'm doing a fold here, assuming I've not lost my discipline & got too impatient. I'd like to take a flop, yes, but we are too deep in the Tourney to do that given the other action in front of us. Levels 1 to 5 or 6, I'm deffo taking a flop with this, but not now.

As Dave suggests, we can leave it a little longer in PLO, even 10 Bigs is plenty, we just have to await a better spot I think.

I feel a little embarrassed answering this, as I'd love to have your lifetime PLO experience, & record, but you did ask......Wink

Bet you can't wait for the return of Full Tilt - they used to run some lovely, & very affordable, PLO stuff.

Trivia Corner - Full Tilt was (is?) the only poker site, or online platform or medium, where my alias is not "tikay" or some derivation, usually an appended number. Under the radar & all that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »

Knew u were the real isildur1 teeks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »

Bugger, rumbled.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »

You didn't log in for 6 years right?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

Rumbled again.

I have a goodly lump of cash on there actually. Pension Boost incoming. 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »

haha its so weird, i was reading a 3 year old thread where you were talking about full tilt, really randomly and then just saw this.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: