blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Low stakes cash hand vs Matt Frankland
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low stakes cash hand vs Matt Frankland  (Read 2110 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »

dont get drowned by someones repuatation, Franky is world class but he isn't there to go after you and prove what a sicko he is with all this moves, he's just playing his game and having fun.

Play strong, don't level yourself  or get intimidated by him and you'll get along just fine even against players or frnky's calibre.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »

I prefer peeling over 3betting but for reasons posted above you can 3bet.

As played just fold but I'd deffo cbet because you'll make Franky fold a fair bit of his peeling range. I'd barrel any 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, J, Q, K and probably check call an A.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:20 AM »

3 betting is absolutely fine as you absolutely crush his opening range and he 'll never fold a loada hands we totally dominate.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »

How many players were on the table? If it was short-handed then UTG+2 means something very different to if it was 9 or 10 handed.

3betting is much more interesting in the first instance than in the second instance. 3betting AQo vs an early position raise is generally pretty bad. Especially when fairly deep and out of position, and especially when your opponent is competent. You should depolarise against poor players who will play weakly postflop, but out of position to a good player it is much better to show him respect and flat AQo when he has raised from EP.

You might think "Yeah but I am going to miss the flop more often than I hit ... isn't it better to 3bet so I can take the initiative and hope to win the pot even when I don't hit the flop?" This works okay against bad players who are going to call your 3bet with most of their range, and then just meekly fold to your cbet when they miss the flop. But a competent player will not just give up on every flop he misses. He will continue on many flops even when he misses, by either bluff-raising or floating with backdoor equity hands.

It might feel 'weak' to call the raise then check-fold when you miss the flop. But it is going to feel even weaker to 3bet pre, then cbet the flop, then check fold the turn. You hand may feel 'hard to play' without the initiative and out of position. But believe me, it is going to feel MUCH MUCH harder to play in a bloated 3bet pot with deepish stacks if you cbet the flop and your opponent does not fold!

This is even sometimes going to be the case if you flop top pair. Imagine you 3bet pre and the flop comes something like . You cbet your TPTK and villain calls. How happy are you feeling now? It's not like the SPR is really low now so you can just get all-in comfortably on the turn. If your opponent was a bad player you'd probably be feeling okay about things. But against a good player what are you doing on most turns? Is your opponent really going to stack off with something like KQ or AJ? He is a good player, not a spew monkey.

The trick is to realise that when you just call preflop you don't have to check-fold every flop that you miss. You can make a few check-raise bluffs, and you can float some flops out of position. Sometimes you get Ace high to showdown and win. Sometimes you pick up a second barrel when an Ace or Queen turn. Other times you can bluff the river.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:45:45 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

Frankie causing a lot of trouble on the PHA boards.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:09 AM »

do not like 3betting this hand oop v someone good this deep, unless you are feeling brave. Raw equity means little 400bb deep.

As played c/f turn or c/f river. Leading river accomplishes nothing. CR river sells a weird-ass story that may or may not workout given your image. Age may play a significant factor.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »

do not like 3betting this hand oop v someone good this deep, unless you are feeling brave. Raw equity means little 400bb deep.

As played c/f turn or c/f river. Leading river accomplishes nothing. CR river sells a weird-ass story that may or may not workout given your image. Age may play a significant factor.

Will people please stop reminding me.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: