blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 11:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272776 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Building My Own PC
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Building My Own PC  (Read 4974 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 06:31:15 PM »

If you find this easy enough I'm going to build my first pc next week! Will spend a bit less though.

Insane that you've had the same PC for six years, I buy a new one every two years roughly, think it's a must considering money lost if there's any problems.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

If you find this easy enough I'm going to build my first pc next week! Will spend a bit less though.

Insane that you've had the same PC for six years, I buy a new one every two years roughly, think it's a must considering money lost if there's any problems.

Like I posted, my computer was way ahead of it's time when my mate built it for me. In 2006 the E6300 Core 2 duo was released and I had 8800GTX cards in SLI with 2 gig of ram. Overclocked the cpu to shit and my computer was the nuts. For about 3 years you couldn't really get better than my computer unless you spent a grand but in the last 3/4 years it seems to have fallen way behind. On top of the fact I am badly in need of a reformat and have lost my windows cd means that I will just start from scratch.

I don't know what you are doing wrong if you need a new pc every 2 years. Quite often it's just one part that needs replacing. I've replaced the gfx card 3 times in 6 years but that's fairly standard I think.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »

Like I posted, my computer was way ahead of it's time when my mate built it for me. In 2006 the E6300 Core 2 duo was released and I had 8800GTX cards in SLI with 2 gig of ram. Overclocked the cpu to shit and my computer was the nuts. For about 3 years you couldn't really get better than my computer unless you spent a grand but in the last 3/4 years it seems to have fallen way behind. On top of the fact I am badly in need of a reformat and have lost my windows cd means that I will just start from scratch.

I don't know what you are doing wrong if you need a new pc every 2 years. Quite often it's just one part that needs replacing. I've replaced the gfx card 3 times in 6 years but that's fairly standard I think.

I don't need one, but it's worthwhile for how much I use it, my old PC works alright but was starting to struggle with the grind, I think it's money well spent.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

I don't need one, but it's worthwhile for how much I use it, my old PC works alright but was starting to struggle with the grind, I think it's money well spent.

It sounds like you just need to reformat. I can 16-18 table fine (I never try more than this) now. I did used to have some problems but I added a couple of gigs of ram for £50 and the problem is gone.

I know that you need a decent computer, but I think buying a new one every 2 years is pretty excessive! That money could go towards a bad session of poker instead Tongue.

<3 ENSUING
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »

BOOM!!!  We have lift off....
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

Will update on whether or not it continues to work in the coming week.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:18:36 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »

I don't know how much experience you have with computers but you should be barefoot putting this thing together. I've read that wearing socks whilst handling some of the peripherals can send a charge to them and damage them. Might be a load of bollox but you never know.

Also, sort those bloody wires out! It's like spaghetti junction in there!

<3 ENSUING
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:45 PM »

Yeh you can get an anti-static wrist strap that you connect to the power source to earth any static.  There were no earthing methods used in the construction of this machine.  Will tidy it up when I have a bit more time.  Would highly recommend getting a full sized gaming tower though, makes it infinitely easier to get your hands in and have plenty of 'wiggle room'.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »

Ur fan for ur processor is huge

Just me
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »

Yeh I know.  No-one said anything when I was ordering it.  Suppose I was just subliminally making up for something....
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:45 PM »

Yeh I know.  No-one said anything when I was ordering it.  Suppose I was just subliminally making up for something....

A blow job?

The older I get, the better I was.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »

Hows it going?

<3 ENSUING
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »

Hows it going?

Extremely well thanks.  Transferring all my stuff over is taking its time but the computer is absolutely rapid.  Dont really know how to put it into context but it gets 7.9 for everything on the Windows Experience Index thing.....
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »

You built an actual computer, that's pretty strong.

Wd on 'volunteering' to answer technical questions via PM for the coming weeks/months/years!!

Allez!!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »

It's seriously easy, its like lego.  You cant really fuck it up cause all the components only fit into the right slots and all the cables are labelled and theres a pretty handy instruction manual if you're still not sure.  I'm sure theres still people here who are far better equiped to handle your techincal queries than I, though I would of course respond to PM's should the time arise when you need an amateur to sort the job out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: