blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:03:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  funeral suit choice
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: funeral suit choice  (Read 1924 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

Could you not, if money is tight, and by the sounds you'll not wear it again, just hire a suit?

This, or do go to Matalan and get a suit for £40.  It's then in your wardrobe for next time.

I went to a black-tie do a few years back, and didn't have a dinner jacket.  Looked at hiring one, but buying a suit and shirt at Matalan worked out cheaper, and I got to wear it again at another do.  It's not something I wear too often, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between mine and the people wearing hired suits from Moss Bros.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »

Teamonkey, whatever your beef with the Army(which I can understand) I still think you should wear a regimental tie, as a nod to your friends life in the Army.

regards,
Cpl Jones RAF(ret'd)

Knowing my friend as i do, he'd understand, possibly approve if we all turned up in clown outfits!

But he would have been disappointed if i'd have turned up in something i didn't want to wear

I do however understand what you are saying, and get the reasoning behind it.

Anyway, bought a suit from Tesco, white shirt , black tie, all for a reasonable amount (plus 20% off till sunday on all clothes), just need to get some shoes next week once my min cash from the GP hits my bank.

Mick
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: