blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  vibration trainers/plates experience??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: vibration trainers/plates experience??  (Read 1122 times)
teamonkey

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »

anyone got one of these things?

my wife has a bad knee so cant do the jogging thing

she doesnt like the gym

so we are thinking about getting a vibration plate jobber

any input greatly appreciated as always folks

Mick
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »

No idea about fitness value but deece for party games. Stand on and drink a pint. Stand on, put on full blast and balance something (plate with glass of water), time it, person who lasts the least does the shot.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »

No idea about fitness value but deece for party games. Stand on and drink a pint. Stand on, put on full blast and balance something (plate with glass of water), time it, person who lasts the least does the shot.

Love this don't think trying it at the gym would b acceptable though!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »

perhaps i should have put this in the blonde will make you thin thread!!!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:02:58 PM »

For the good ones they are expensive. But for the mid range priced ones they are still very good and can do some quick intense work on specific areas of the body. Me and wife both unable to run anymore due to knee's and she uses one 3 times a week, loves it. I use one at gym about once a week, works great on my carfs and other parts of legs without having to put pressure on weak joints or knee..

teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »

For the good ones they are expensive. But for the mid range priced ones they are still very good and can do some quick intense work on specific areas of the body. Me and wife both unable to run anymore due to knee's and she uses one 3 times a week, loves it. I use one at gym about once a week, works great on my carfs and other parts of legs without having to put pressure on weak joints or knee..

cheers acid

Does the good Mrs Mouse use one at home or the gym?

i'm looking at spending my GP winnings on one, so have around £300 to spend max

have seen one in Tesco for £250 (i like as if it goes wrong i can take it straight back)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/motive-op120-oscillating-energy-power-plate/215-3539.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=215-3539

but have seen the exact same one for £180 on a web based store (but it is in yorkshire so not too far from my home in Doncaster)

*not sure if i'm allowed to put a link up but i'm sure a MOD will delete it if it's naughty
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »

We use the ones at the gym, that retails for £8k

http://www.powerplate.com/uk/

its the absolute nuts, I have not used a different one nor has the wife so could not tell you about their quality. Maybe worth reading some reviews online before buying.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »

I have recently bought one of these myself, because my legs are about as much use as inflatable dartboards...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3000W-Master-Vibration-Commercial-Weight/dp/B002MUKD2G/ref=sr_1_15?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1380540583&sr=1-15&keywords=crazy+fit+vibration+plate

I just went by the reviews on Amazon, which were pretty solid.

I've not used it with any great regularity due to moving house shortly after it was delivered, however, it was easy to assemble, seems quite powerful and isn't terribly noisy either.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »

Looks deece Marky, 150kg max user weight as well. Bit close. Wink Let us know how you get on as could be ideal for my back.

teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »

I have recently bought one of these myself, because my legs are about as much use as inflatable dartboards...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3000W-Master-Vibration-Commercial-Weight/dp/B002MUKD2G/ref=sr_1_15?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1380540583&sr=1-15&keywords=crazy+fit+vibration+plate

I just went by the reviews on Amazon, which were pretty solid.

I've not used it with any great regularity due to moving house shortly after it was delivered, however, it was easy to assemble, seems quite powerful and isn't terribly noisy either.

looks good to me too, think i might be just over the 120kg limit on other machines

any further feedback welcome
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: