blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  bowl of carribean rice
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bowl of carribean rice  (Read 3300 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »

The PCA, sorry PSC Carribean main event has a lofty top prize of... $480k.

$480k? Hardly a blistering start to their new tour series is it? It's an absolute bag of marbles compared to PCA's of the past - obv things aren't as 2010 any more but winning the PCA used to be a huge deal, it's not now, it's basically some random WSOP circuit event in Ohio no-one cares about.

The $100k and $50k seems to have been a real success, but hardly any coverage of those, seeing Kevin Hart firing around in the SHR's would be made for great viewing, rather than watching the pro's stare each other down in some irrelevant $5k.

I just can't see these PSC tournaments taking off, just seems a bit naff, maybe general feelings towards pokerstars are pretty negative and thats affecting things but it just seems like this PSC move has been a silly idea.

Am I Right? Or am i being dramatic???

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »

are there many fewer Brits there this year?

there seem to be, from reports at the venue and lack of social noise from players

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:05:37 PM »

Mmm chicken rice and peas.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »

Yeh you're right Dave. They've fked it. No interest in them whatsoever. I'll go to the cities I love like Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Prague but massively over Stars events now.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »

One thing poker lacks compared to other sports and games is history and tradition. The one tournament with true history is the WSOP and it is no coincidence it remains the biggest. The two other biggest tournaments to make up the 'Triple Crown' were WPT and EPT and both had built up a decent history. I really have no idea why you would get rid of the EPT brand. In my view it still remained strong despite opinion changing against pokerstars.

Such a big thing was made of the race to win two EPT titles and now they just abolished the whole brand. It makes no sense. But then they already killed the Ongame network and Full Tilt, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Recs dreamed and worked for their chance just to play an EPT...

The 'Festival' in New Jersey got really low numbers, the side events were pitiful and they got in a load of Stars pros and friends to boost the main event numbers. Bahamas side event numbers are also really low aside from the high rollers which seems to have got solid numbers. Perhaps Bahamas is simply not a rec destination. Once you've been to the resort you realise how overpriced everything is and decide to play satties for another event elsewhere?

Will be interested in what happens in London at the end of the month, but I have no idea why you would play a pokerstars festival instead of something like the Unibet the following month, or something at DTD or event the GUKPT.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:44:22 PM by bergeroo » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »

Would the conversion rates to the dollar being so poor at the moment possibly affect the general levels of Brits travelling? Especially for the world series next year etc?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

I'd imagine currency is a factor for Brits. Also the sats offered by Stars are not nearly as good as they used to be.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »

Everyone now knows that it's a horribly overpriced resort. Satellites are regfests these days which leads to people not taking shots.

Rozvadov will do well for a few years but then people will realise it's a truck stop in the middle of nowhere and attendances will decline there similarly too I think.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

Top 10 changes in entries by country YoY in the PSC Bahamas ME:

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »

I did the PCA a few years back and it was a fantastic event however much of the attraction of playing there was a stay at the Atlantis. To be frank it's a shithole. Over priced food and drinks even though the dollar was 1.65 at the time. Hotel rooms that were shabby and of a lower standard than the average IBIS. Staff and service worse than most - tried room service once and after waiting two hours - "there's a 30 minute delay at the moment" - it went back uneaten.

As for the changes from those wonderful people at Pokerstars the phrase "piss up and brewery" comes to mind.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »

One thing poker lacks compared to other sports and games is history and tradition. The one tournament with true history is the WSOP and it is no coincidence it remains the biggest. The two other biggest tournaments to make up the 'Triple Crown' were WPT and EPT and both had built up a decent history. I really have no idea why you would get rid of the EPT brand. In my view it still remained strong despite opinion changing against pokerstars.

Such a big thing was made of the race to win two EPT titles and now they just abolished the whole brand. It makes no sense. But then they already killed the Ongame network and Full Tilt, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Recs dreamed and worked for their chance just to play an EPT...

The 'Festival' in New Jersey got really low numbers, the side events were pitiful and they got in a load of Stars pros and friends to boost the main event numbers. Bahamas side event numbers are also really low aside from the high rollers which seems to have got solid numbers. Perhaps Bahamas is simply not a rec destination. Once you've been to the resort you realise how overpriced everything is and decide to play satties for another event elsewhere?

Will be interested in what happens in London at the end of the month, but I have no idea why you would play a pokerstars festival instead of something like the Unibet the following month, or something at DTD or event the GUKPT.

It doesn't bode well when they choose to promote blackjack and roulette over most of their poker tournaments.

Are people finally realising that stars have been raking the prizepools all these years too?  GUKPT etc were always much better value.  And back in the day, there would be like 2 events a day, tops, now there are a gazillion.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »

I assume a lot of Brits and euros, both pros and recs did the Party one in November. Better satellites too.

This new tournament has no history. As opposed to the PCA which has been won by the likes of Elky, Gus and the mighty John Gale.  Why should I care about it as a viewer/railer too?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 08:28:43 PM »

Top 10 changes in entries by country YoY in the PSC Bahamas ME:

Wow interesting.

Back in the day, the PCA was attended religiously by USA regs. Dauville, San Remo, Prague etc aren't the easiest destinations from the USA, and Monte-Carlo is bloody pricey, the PCA though, short flight (relatively), same currency - the EPT not to be missed, and that always got a hefty main event turn out, Looking back at some of the top prizes $1.7m, $2.2m, $2m etc and this in a time where the poker economy was generally considered to be faltering somewhat.

Shame.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »

Partypoker getting closer and closer to over taking Stars.  Might not take much more to get over the hump.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: