blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272897 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Horse Racing Coverage: you are the producer
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horse Racing Coverage: you are the producer  (Read 13135 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »

i had a bit of trouble with the coverage

Chapman was constantly saying "xyz wins at 9/2, that means if you put £2 on you get £11 back" etc

so its catering for a new to betting public. However why would a new to betting public be watching racing purely by the act of it switching from Channel 4 to ITV or ITV4?

The Morning line equivalent had no betting content.  I do think that the old Channel 4 programme often had too many jockeys masquerading as tipsters but the ITVprogramme went too far the other way to me. Wanting to focus on the "human interest" side of racing is fine but outside the derbty, grand national etc the racing viewer doesn't much care i suspect, yet the produers seem to think they have alighted on a huge potential audience of racing newbies. I highly doubt there is one on a random saturday on ITV4.

that said, big fan of Ed Chamberlain. Luke Harvey should try less hard though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »

Wouldn't "try to create new horse racing bettors" be one of the objectives of the show?  So spoon feeding info about betting would be part of this?  They want to try and keep casual viewers with as much inclusive material as possible.

From a "growing the sport" point of view it's a pity we don't have a decent Tote any more.  US style exotics - eg a "pick 6/5/4" over the races being shown on the TV could provide low cost betting entertainment, discussion points etc.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »

Wouldn't "try to create new horse racing bettors" be one of the objectives of the show?  So spoon feeding info about betting would be part of this?  They want to try and keep casual viewers with as much inclusive material as possible.

it is, but for the derby, grand national, ascot etc where you are going to have casual viewers fine. try and keep new viewers

for ITV4 in mid january i doubt there are many new to racing viewers at all, so your balancing act (new viewers, regular punters) can be skewed away from "put £2 on and get £11 back" and more towards content that will energise them.

doesn't need to be one size fits all weekends.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »

it is, but for the derby, grand national, ascot etc where you are going to have casual viewers fine. try and keep new viewers

for ITV4 in mid january i doubt there are many new to racing viewers at all, so your balancing act (new viewers, regular punters) can be skewed away from "put £2 on and get £11 back" and more towards content that will energise them.

doesn't need to be one size fits all weekends.

This is the key to its success long term.  There are two different products here effectively which is why they are on two different channels.  If the same customers were watching the same show every week it would always be on itv not itv4.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: