blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Betting exchanges question. Betfair/Beddaq
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betting exchanges question. Betfair/Beddaq  (Read 1786 times)
thetank

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:33:34 AM »

Beginners question, you lot seem knowledgable, perhaps one of you can shed light on this query I have.

See if one was to back a particular big brother contest at, lets say 20. You lump £10 on (For a possible profit of £190)

In the eventuality that they make it through to the later stages and are available to lay for, say 15. If you lay it, for £154.

The total bet on is £10 + £164

So if your horse wins, you make £36
If it loses, you make £1

I've got all that, if the market shifts in your favour.

My question is, when you've successfully managed to back and lay in this manner, so that every possible outcome makes you money, is your money still tied up?

Say you've just got that £174 in your account. Are you able to make other bets still?

Thanks

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:37:48 AM »

It is still tied up till the event is finished I am pretty sure

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 04:13:18 AM »

Beginners question, you lot seem knowledgable, perhaps one of you can shed light on this query I have.

See if one was to back a particular big brother contest at, lets say 20. You lump £10 on (For a possible profit of £190)

In the eventuality that they make it through to the later stages and are available to lay for, say 15. If you lay it, for £154.

The total bet on is £10 + £164

So if your horse wins, you make £36
If it loses, you make £1

I've got all that, if the market shifts in your favour.

My question is, when you've successfully managed to back and lay in this manner, so that every possible outcome makes you money, is your money still tied up?

Say you've just got that £174 in your account. Are you able to make other bets still?

Thanks

The only money tied up is your max liability. The market would show up as +£1 on all other runners and + £36 on your selection.(less commision)

Its known as 'greening up' as you will have all green figures so you have no liability therefore your balance is the same as before the bets but you are gtd to win a quid, you could level this up by laying again so that you win the same whatever the result.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

Agreed, once you have laid at the better/lower price and your stake has been "saved",

it goes back into your account and you are free to make other bets with it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: