blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bad Beat Storys and Poker Analysis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad Beat Storys and Poker Analysis  (Read 2260 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 01:08:47 AM »

I agree to an extent about having bad beat warnings (i believe i have mentioned it before) but in some cases a BB can be avoided by a different play down the streets.
It's the ones where no matter what you did they were calling that annoy me.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 05:47:24 PM »

I agree to an extent about having bad beat warnings (i believe i have mentioned it before) but in some cases a BB can be avoided by a different play down the streets.
It's the ones where no matter what you did they were calling that annoy me.

That's a very important points.  Some of the 'bad beats' are actually due to poor play (or not the best play).  It might be a case of 'I think this is a bad beat, but did I do anything wrong at any stage, so I could have avoided it?'

I think a lot of the bad beat posts are people looking for reassurance that they didn't play it badly - or should have 'known better'.

Or they might just be bad beat stories and be looking for sympathy...because when they told the dog, it wasn't particularly impressed.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
scooterbug5
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 08:42:57 PM »

Not always, but a majority of the time..bad beats are caused by one or more of the players making a mistake in the hand. Examples...didn't bet large enough on the flop, the raise pre-flop was incorrect, you were giving proper odds with your bets on turn because you got greedy with an overpair.

Just because someone may read a bad beat and think morons knew better, does not mean you can not analize and offer excellent and useful advice to one or more of the players in the hand.

We are all here to learn poker from one another and whether it comes in the form of a bad beat hand being posted should be of little difference, imo.

Stacey
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »

Stacey,

There is much more to poker analysis than getting bad beats.

For example -

You outdraw someone and got lucky, did you play the hand badly?

You have the nuts on the river, someone calls your bet, could you have bet more?

You came home drunk last night and lost your bankroll, was this wise?

What i see is a collection of bad beats in this thread which have very little in them to analyse.

Sorry if i caused any offence in my first post, i re read it and it came over a bit aggressive. It wasn't meant like that, i just wanted to point out that bad beats shouldn't be disguised as hand histories...
scooterbug5
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 09:05:38 PM »

Thanks for reply Sunday..I am new to Blondepoker forum, but not new to poker.  I agree hands without bad beats are more interesting to analize. I personally like the hands posted where you decide each move on each street before the actual result is posted. I seem to learn more from those as people look at the cards, positions of players, and betting to offer their opinion rather than view the end result.

I did not take offense to your post...takes much more than that to ruffle my feathers, just wanted to point out that even with some bad beat hands things can be learned either by the winner of the hand or the loser of the hand, or both.

Stacey
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: