blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Next move..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next move..  (Read 989 times)
T_Mar

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »

Hi All... Looking for feedback on how I played this hand up to this point and what my action should be after the river comes down...

I have been playing fairly aggressively up to now, probably importantly I overplayed a hand against this oppo losing a big pot slightly earlier with cards exposed.  He too has been playing pretty aggresively, and have seen his stack see-saw whilst I been at the table

* Game ID 906687525 starting - 2008-01-08 08:52:53
** Dear Lady [Hold 'em] (1.00|2.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- weakass sitting in seat 1 with $198.00
- SMACKGIRL sitting in seat 2 with $261.35
- Black_Dragon sitting in seat 3 with $281.74
- ooOspartaOoo sitting in seat 4 with $317.89 [Dealer]
- t-mar sitting in seat 6 with $316.97

t-mar posted the small blind - $1.00
weakass posted the big blind - $2.00

** Dealing card to t-mar: 9 of Spades, Jack of Spades
SMACKGIRL folded
Black_Dragon called - $2.00
ooOspartaOoo folded
t-mar called - $2.00
weakass checked

** Dealing the flop: 7 of Hearts, 8 of Hearts, 10 of Spades
t-mar checked
weakass checked
Black_Dragon bet - $2.00
t-mar raised - $12.00
weakass folded
Black_Dragon called - $12.00

** Dealing the turn: Jack of Clubs
t-mar checked
Black_Dragon bet - $10.00
t-mar raised - $48.00
Black_Dragon called - $48.00

** Dealing the river: 5 of Hearts
t-mar Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

All comments/criticism welcome!!

Ta
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »

Hey T-Mar,

II value bet this river $70 fully expecting to have the best hand... imo he is unlikely be coldcalling those two bets with a flush draw (unless your read tells you differently)

I would say he has an overpair or a set here maybe 70% of the time with an outside inkling of 6h9h 20% and a badly flop played Q9 10%

I still value bet the river.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:28:44 PM by Suited_Jock » Logged
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:32 PM »

Thanks Jock.. Do you think he likely to call that size bet on the river bearing in mind the scary board???

If he shoves in after your bet are you calling confidently?? Its going to be another $150ish to call (pot 415ish)??

Thks
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »

Raise preflop please.

Lets use our hand-reading skills here please folks. Looks incredibly likely villain is trying to buy cards on 2 streets. I dont think he will be calling with worse on a 3heart transparent straight board.  He might call with a split. So we arent betting for value unless opponent is  plain dumb. He simple wont call with worse.

I think this is the land of the blocker bet @ 1/2NL. You have a hand that has likely showdown value so a 1/3 pot bet might let you know if ur beat. Depends how villain sizes his river value bets, OP should know this. If he is one of those cats that bets fairly small with big hands on the river then prolly best to cc. But i think b/f on river is prolly best line unless villain is a mover on on river  (your hand is fairly transparent if you check here) (check his river aggression factor before deciding on this river).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »

Preflop is good for me. I would raise on the button but oop postflop no need to bloat the pot.

I lead the flop for a few reasons 1) For value 2) It builds the pot and we want a big pot here 3) This flop hits alot of hands for our opponents to call at least one street, maybe more. 4) It disguises our hand strength.

Lead the turn while obv this is not a great card, we still have the near nuts.

I would blocker bet the river around 1/2 pot size and pass to a raise. This is essentially getting a cheap showdown instead of having to guess whether hand is good if we have to check call a big bet and also for value.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »

Thanks guys, my thinking was similar Alex's in that I couldn't see him calling a decent value bet with anything other than a hand that beat mine.. I also thought if I bet light I was being left open for him to stick in a RR with a worse hand and have me thinking about laying it down??

Me losing a big pot previously prob affected my thinking here, and went for Check/Call option which I didn't like afterwards but nice to see Alex putting that up a possible play Smiley
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »

Preflop is good for me. I would raise on the button but oop postflop no need to bloat the pot.

I lead the flop for a few reasons 1) For value 2) It builds the pot and we want a big pot here 3) This flop hits alot of hands for our opponents to call at least one street, maybe more. 4) It disguises our hand strength.

Lead the turn while obv this is not a great card, we still have the near nuts.

I would blocker bet the river around 1/2 pot size and pass to a raise. This is essentially getting a cheap showdown instead of having to guess whether hand is good if we have to check call a big bet and also for value.

oops misread HH, thought OP was button. Yeah pre is fine.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: