blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273058 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fine Mess
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fine Mess  (Read 963 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »

Playing a $5 rebuy on blonde we start with over 1100 players and are down to the last 4 tables.  Average was around 160k we have a stack of just over 300k and are going well blinds 8/16k  we have a player in the BB sitting out in the last few rounds we have been nicking his blinds with min raises with any 2 cards.  On this occasion we have Ah and make same play the table has been a mixture of push/fold poker.  The button who we haven't much info on other than that he has been very tight and has taken down a few pots pre flop showing AK on 2 occasions makes it 48k more to go and SB passes.

So the pot is 184k plus the blinds in the pot.

Flop is and you check the button checks behind you.
Turn whats your move now are we leading out?  If so how much?
Do we think we're ahead here?

What if button calls are we content to check fold the river or are we check calling?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:52:21 AM by GlasgowBandit » Logged

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:05:36 AM »

How much does the button have?

I would fold preflop very quickly(in my head, you might want to do some hollywood to make them think you are passing a decent hand) you are miles behind his range i would have thought.

As played i think the flop is standard.

I would probably lead the turn, but i really am never facing this situation as this is why preflop is not good. I need to know buttons stack as i think you are committing yourself if he has less than you to call any raise or bet on the river. 1/2 the pot would probably be my default though.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »

Button has 300k about 15k less than you.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »

What did you put the button on when you called pre-flop? if you put him on  range that is beating you, you should have folded pre-flop. If not then you have to show some balls and lead out at some stage. You already think he's not got the ace so lead out on the turn. Make it 70k this should get him to fold if he does not have the Ace.
Check-calling though a hand is fine a well, if you think you might be ahead but you're not sure but, again, you have to already have decided that on the flop.
Check-folding..is fine but in that case you should have folded pre-flop.

Again (as many peoples hands on many other threads), this to me looks like an ill-concieved/not-thought-out call pre-flop and you really should think before calling. It's OK if your game plan for a hand is wrong but at least have one for feck's sake ESPECIALLY when playing out of position.

there is no shame in running A10 into AK when you think someone is at it pre-flop..the situation you described is not one of those though.. You didn't think that hand through at the start and could now find yourself donking out of a tourney because of that..sort it out.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »

What did you put the button on when you called pre-flop? if you put him on  range that is beating you, you should have folded pre-flop. If not then you have to show some balls and lead out at some stage. You already think he's not got the ace so lead out on the turn. Make it 70k this should get him to fold if he does not have the Ace.
Check-calling though a hand is fine a well, if you think you might be ahead but you're not sure but, again, you have to already have decided that on the flop.

Again (as many peoples hands on many other threads), this to me looks like an ill-concieved/not-thought-out call pre-flop and you really should think before calling. It's OK if your game plan for a hand is wrong but at least have one for feck's sake ESPECIALLY when playing out of position.

there is no shame in running A10 into AK when you think someone is at it pre-flop..the situation you described is not one of those though.. You didn't think that hand through at the start and could now find yourself donking out of a tourney because of that..sort it out.

In this hand the villain had A T I am on the button Wink

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »

Smiley Villain played it very poorly..my advice for Villain still stands

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »

Smiley Villain played it very poorly..my advice for Villain still stands

Yeah villain is a mug!! 

What range you putting the button on Boldie?

As the hand played out it confused me even further  villain leads out on the turn for a massive 16k  wtf??  16k into a 184, whats the point.

Obviously i know the result now that the hand is over.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 06:36:10 PM »

I have no info on the button BUT he is either very strong and trap checking the flop OR he is weak. (I am usually tempted to go with option 2 after the check on the flop in position) If button calls a bet on the turn (70k'ish) I might change my mind about that but I doubt it...check call the river depending on how much button bets there. If button raises my bet on the turn I probably fold. It' one of the reasons position is soo damned important.

The point I tried to make though was not so much about "am I behind or ahead and what does he have?" but more about the lacking of a game plan when getting the chips in the middle.

But seeing that you posted it you were probably wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead and amazed you didn't get paid after feigning weakness on the flop Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: