blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Nice Belly
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice Belly  (Read 9827 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »

So I was playing football today in my usual Sunday morning league when a player I know from previous encounters runs past and taps me on the stomach and says "What's happened to you Scott? You've put a bit of a belly on!"

This wasn't music to my ears as you may imagine.  He wasn't lying though as I know I've been putting weight on steadily over the last 18-24 months.  I figure I weigh 2 stone more than I did in the summer of '06.

So I've tried dieting in the past but I pretty much suck at it.   So I've decided to up my exercise and cut out some junk food.

I can't road run as my back soon tells me to bugger off.  So I've got an old exercise bike and I'm going to rattle away on that - should be enjoyable enough cos I can just stick it in front of the TV.

Anyways, how much should I be cycling?  Every day?  For how long? Can I expect to lose a bit of weight coupling cycling with my usual football?

Any advice is appreciated.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

So I was playing football today in my usual Sunday morning league when a player I know from previous encounters runs past and taps me on the stomach and says "What's happened to you Scott? You've put a bit of a belly on!"

This wasn't music to my ears as you may imagine.  He wasn't lying though as I know I've been putting weight on steadily over the last 18-24 months.  I figure I weigh 2 stone more than I did in the summer of '06.

So I've tried dieting in the past but I pretty much suck at it.   So I've decided to up my exercise and cut out some junk food.

I can't road run as my back soon tells me to bugger off.  So I've got an old exercise bike and I'm going to rattle away on that - should be enjoyable enough cos I can just stick it in front of the TV.

Anyways, how much should I be cycling?  Every day?  For how long? Can I expect to lose a bit of weight coupling cycling with my usual football?

Any advice is appreciated.

Start off slow as you dont want to wake with sore legs and put yourself off. Maybe 10 or 20 mins for the first few days then build it up to 30/40/50/60 etc. For me doing this kind of exercise might be a bit boring. What about going for some runs outside?

Patience is a virtue.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »

When you say running does your back in, have you made sure you've got the right trainers for the way you run?  Without them, you can definitely suffer back, hip, knee and a whole host of other pains and injuries.

Also, you might be better running off-road, as it tends to be kinder in terms of impact (although you do have to be careful on uneven ground as that causes its own problems) - I actually prefer running on tarmac, but that's just me.

Swimming is a good exercise as well, and kinder on the joints.

End of the day, it's a case of reducing the calories you're taking in and increasing the number of calories burnt.

If calories in > calories burnt = weight gain
If calories in < calories burnt = weight loss.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »

There are big differences between getting fit and losing weight. You should aim for at least 30 mins of slightly strenuous exercises each day (so that you breath hard and sweat a bit) to stay healthy.

To lose weight you should always have breakfast (full English is OK as long as you have lean bacon and use a health grill rather than frying, but a good cereal is better).
Avoid eating anything after 7:00pm and if you can have your main meal for lunch rather than tea. What you eat doesn't matter so much as long as you avoid saturated fat and stop when you are full.

You should expect to lose weight at the same speed that you put it on, that way you lose the Visceral fat as well as the Subcutaneous fat.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

try this i found it to be the best way to get rid of the flabby (mid life)belly and its easy to do as well even when watching telly
didnt take long b4 i was doing 500 a nite ( i had a bit of a dodgy back but it didnt seem to affect it)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3023242/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500011615.Sports%2Band%2Bfitness%3EC%24cip%3D1500011656.Home%2Bgym%2Bequipment%3EC%24cip%3D1500011664.Other%2Bgym%2Bequipment.htm
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not too unfit so I guess it's just a case of increasing my workload.  I'll think I'll start with about half an hour a day on the bike and take it from there.

Kin, I've had back problems since I was young and hurts whenever I do a lot of running - I'm hoping sitting awkwardly on a exercise bike does provoke the pain.

Might take in a couple of sessions at the Uni pool too - can only help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: