blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:48:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  union rep
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: union rep  (Read 1069 times)
bhoywonder

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »

Any union reps here?  I,ve decided to become a work rep. At least this will stop me being introverted according to the recent quiz i done. And i am not great at talking to groups.lol.only one way to cure that,go right feet first into the lion,s den.any advice for a novice rep?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »

I used to be a union rep - any particular questions then feel free to drop me a PM Smiley  Good luck with it - the rewards outweight the frustrations!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »

Any union reps here?  I,ve decided to become a work rep. At least this will stop me being introverted according to the recent quiz i done. And i am not great at talking to groups.lol.only one way to cure that,go right feet first into the lion,s den.any advice for a novice rep?

I am one of the few that are not in a union and do not wish to be either. At work it is very Union this Union that, but to be honest I don't actually see what they do or achieve apart from cause problems. On a daily basis all I here from folk that are part of RMT are complaints of how useless they are and how they are wasting thier hard earned cash for the sake of a diary per year. Get out whislt you can.

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »

Get out whislt you can.

+1

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »

I've worked around the fast food sector where we don't have any organized union.

We get screwed, pennies pinched from our pocket at every possible juncture. I definately see the point in having a Union.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

I am one of the few that are not in a union and do not wish to be either. At work it is very Union this Union that, but to be honest I don't actually see what they do or achieve apart from cause problems. On a daily basis all I here from folk that are part of RMT are complaints of how useless they are and how they are wasting thier hard earned cash for the sake of a diary per year. Get out whislt you can.

+1

Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

Don't know what sector you work in but where I work the union reps spend most of their (productive) time managing the expectations of people who feel action taken against them is harsh or unfair, in the vast majority of instances it's richly deserved or overdue. Seems like a pretty thankless task to be honest and not one I'd be keen to do. That said it depends how competent or otherwise your management are.

bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »

Im going into this  eyes wide open tbh.with no pre concieved ideas.it,s unite union,engineering based and the bulk of the managers have been promoted from my background,so there won,t be much scope for hoodwinking.the previous rep was in rmt.time for a change methinks....but surely you need a union when you need to defend yourself,your conditions,your job security...if not can you rely on the big wigs not to take advantage?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: