blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ITT Julian Thew takes us to the streets @ BBP Live
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ITT Julian Thew takes us to the streets @ BBP Live  (Read 5408 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »

The fact you've got the A with a nut kicker means that you also beat a good chunk of his value range

i dont think this is true personally but i think a lot of people will disagree with me

Perhaps 'good chunk' was a bit much. Medium chunk maybe.

You think he's checking back weaker aces?

Surely he's not going to think we've check called twice and are now check raising the river?

That's one hell of a line to put us on.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »

no i think he'll think we've check called twice and now wont be calling much worse OTR, i think when he bets the river expect to get shown AK/AQ/AJ/99/33 or a bluff. Julian is pretty smart, and will be well aware you could WELL have an ACE OTR and opening UTG prolly expects it to be a decent ACE

There is also the question of how often he continues with bluffs OTT, when its kinda of likely he'll need to fire three to win, or the amount of times he decides not to pot control AJ on the flop/turn.

Dont get me wrong I think its a perfectly fine c/call but once I've checked the river I'll be really hoping he chks back, this is the #1 problem with the super passive line is that it becomes extremely difficult to fold in spots where perhaps you should because of how under-repped your hand is. Again, not saying the line isn't good, because it is, I just think that saying because we've chk.called the flop and turn with pretty much one of the best hands we could have means we should DEFO chk/call the river is incorrect

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »

Another reason i prefer betting flop is because if you're letting Julian control the size of the pot he's often only letting it get big when he has a hand like ours beat, and like Dave said it's gonna be hard for us to find a fold often because of how underrepped our hand is. Similarly see him checking back AJ after we c/c two streets too.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »

I think our range to c-bet this flop is wider than our range to check call it.

Disagree when hero has opened UTG. Really struggling to rep air here when you cbet and I think that Julian is unlikely to decide to put him on JJ/QQ/KK and pull a multi street bluff with his air.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: